Gutted Plenum Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutted Plenum Question

Is there any reasonably significant advantage to running a gutted plenum on an N/A?

I have an extra plenum but I'm not savvy enough to know if it's worth the time and effort.
    85 NA2T 9:1 Compression, CM 3" exhaust, Complete Interior Restoration
    94 Maxima
    ...VG30 FTW!!

The difference on Mike88NA's car was very noticable. I would say it made 10-15hp through most of the upper RPM range.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jason! I'll probably go forward with it in that case.

Thanks again!

By the way - AzureblueZ a.k.a. Stu from the Branson Z Fest
      94 Maxima
      ...VG30 FTW!!

Comment

Howdy Stu,

Hope you like it here. Sorry if I was constantly distracted during BZF... it seems like I never catch a break when I'm there.

Comment

Jason,

No worries . That' the way it is when people take interest in and respect your accomplishments!

I can still remember a bunch of us gathered around your Z in the dark as you and your buddy were swapping in that part you busted on the track. Good times!

Thanks again for the response. This forum is great! Strong gathering of knowledgeable, enthusiastic people.
          94 Maxima
          ...VG30 FTW!!

Comment

Ahhhh.....good times...
            It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

yep good times, i was on the 2nd level watching

Comment

Yeah well I'm the dumbass that was under the car with no jack stands and chocked only with a ROLL OF DUCT TAPE! I found that particular detail just after finishing the job.
                ops:

Cool to see more BZF attendees trickle in here.
                http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

AzureblueZ wrote: Is there any reasonably significant advantage to running a gutted plenum on an N/A?

I have an extra plenum but I'm not savvy enough to know if it's worth the time and effort.
                  I am betting that it will be worth the $$. My spare upper and lower are getting worked over by L&P right now. I don't recall hearing a valid reason yet as to why a gutted stock plenum wont help an NA. (especially on the upper end as Jason sited previously)
                  Just stand back and throw money.
                  Performance costs money.
                  Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

And where was Bum in the pics?

Comment

MikeZ wrote: And where was Bum in the pics?
                      He was off schooling noobs, which is about all it seems he likes to do online nowadays :roll:

Steve; nobody told me what they stuck under the tire, because I didn't put it there... that's very concerning.

Comment

Working...
                      X