Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first post, and new engine. :D

a 87 300zx turbo engine with 88k miles on it,
    for 350 dollars right when my 87 n/a engine was reaching 250,000.

so im gonna work on this new engine before droping it.
    i want to get a pipe bender and bend a custom intake,
    so question number one is, what is the size of the stock intake piping.

and number 2.

what is i a good turbo for me to put on this eninge,
    im getting the engine but the turbo was pulled,
    im gonna try to talk the guy out of the turbo because of the fact i found him on ebay selling this motor and he lives in my city.

thank you all.
    and yes this is my first post.

:shock:
    No pipe bender needed!.....just follow this link and purchase the Team Green Z31 performance filter. Dyno comparission links are in the description to the part(copy/paste them)...On the note of the turbo....I have a solution for you if needed.(turbo requires speaking to me through e-mail)
    http://www.thespecshop.com/store.asp?Ty ... am%20Green

I am here to help...

Comment

i have my filters already,
      but hey,
      what can you say about those cam gears you have.

oh and do you have the intake mani off the 93 pathfinder?

i cant find a junk yard around here with any lol.

Comment

What filter(s?) are you using?
        :shock:
        ~whatta you mean what can I say about the TSS Adjustable Cam Gears? It is common knowledge now-a-days that retarding the stock cams on a turbo moves the power/torque up into higher rpms. This is a great compliment for those that are opening things up, such as you are indicating you are wanting to do.
        *Pathy plenums?...We went through a dizzy spell a long while back and had the Nissan Quest plenums machined to clear the hood of the z31's. The plenums are definately an upgrade compared to the stocker, but we are no longer offering those.(check e-bay or online parts salvage)
        **I do however, have gutted plenums becoming readily avail. here in a couple more weeks. These retain all the factory equipment, and are equal, if not better than the pathy or quest unit. It's a tough arguement, as there isn't very much data people compared against it.(including myself)
        I am here to help...

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: We went through a dizzy spell a long while back and had the Nissan Quest plenums machined to clear the hood of the z31's.
          don't you mean xterra, afaik quest has the throttle neck point the other way

Comment

[quote]G-E wrote:
            Originally posted by Dan-TSS:b9262
            We went through a dizzy spell a long while back and had the Nissan Quest plenums machined to clear the hood of the z31's.
            don't you mean xterra, afaik quest has the throttle neck point the other way[/quote:b9262]

lmao..If your'e right...then all I can say is that's DnA for ya!

I know what the xtrerra looks like, I bought one straight from the dealer and used it for comparision to the 93 pathy, oem, and Machined "units" we had for total internal volume numbers.
            I am here to help...

Comment

[quote]G-E wrote:
              Originally posted by Dan-TSS:99691
              We went through a dizzy spell a long while back and had the Nissan Quest plenums machined to clear the hood of the z31's.
              don't you mean xterra, afaik quest has the throttle neck point the other way[/quote:99691]

the other way? meaning if you put it on to where the tbody was pointing towards the nose, it would be on the passenger side? interesting...
              1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

no, back twards the firewall if they are like I have seen. They would cover up the dizzy in the other direction.

Comment

exactly, it's like taking the pathfinder plenum and pushing all the runners further back, then adding a long neck that now turns back toward the center, right over where the dist would be, you see in the quest the engine sits front to passenger side, the plenum points to the drivers side and sits up against the firewall, not a bad setup just useless to us

if you stuck it on our engine in the quest's orientation the plumbing would go around back assuming it cleared, the problem would be the log would be off to the right front and sticking up 1" over the z31 hood, and no cowl could give you that much clearance right there

Comment

Wow Dan that is an interesting way to mount the filter! I was wondering about that after the fan installation because the filter is right in the way along with the fan shroud. So you recommend mounting the filter right off the AFM for anyone? Have you got that clamped directly on the AFM oulet?
                    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Yeah, Team Green Clamped directly to the AFM "INLET".
                      ~It's located off to the side of the black magic fan shroud. Up here in NY, I don't have any issues with the hot air from the e-fan.
                      *It has been an issue for a few, 1 out of 20 people,, where the e-fan/radiators hot air seems to cause issues with idling(or proper afm metering as I see it). A quick, home made sheet metal air damn/air deflector fixes the issue.
                      **It was proven many years ago with back to back dyno runs, that there was a 3-4 hp. difference between the mounting of the Team Green Directly to the AFm and mounting it to a piece of 3" dia pipe above the e-fan in the original filter box location.
                      I am here to help...

Comment

if you want the ultimate cold air intake, punch a hole in the fenderwell right infront of the driver's tire and run a pipe to there with the filter, the plastic liner should prevent road debris from being splattered on it by the wheel

Comment

Cooler piping is right in the way in order to do that!

That's very interesting Dan that the HP improvement is so great! I'm going to try this out! It always did bug me just floating there on top of the stock fan shroud...
                          http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

lmao..If your'e right...then all I can say is that's DnA for ya!
                            DnA sold them as xterra units.
                            They didn't start getting different names until the forum-going public started doing that. Most likely because of it's in the same style as the pathy, there was a bit of confusion.

One of the minivans did have an interesting looking plastic plenum though. It would NEVER clear the hood.
                            vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                            2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

Working...
                            X