Nitrous guys, question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous guys, question

I'm getting ready to install a kit on the SS. In the past, my mustang days, I used 2 step colder plugs when using a 100hp shot (NX wet Kit).

What are your impressions on spark plugs (heat and gap) for the vg30et engine? I plan on running no more than a 50shot (nx wet kit).

Thanks.
    2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

For future viewers:

Looks like bcpr7es11 from researching with a .28-30 gap with a stock turbo
    2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

How much power do you suppose your SS is making right now?

Just my opinion that with any nitrous use I would go one step colder (the 7's you mentioned), and for nitrous with a good amount of boost you may benefit from going two steps colder (8's).

Gap can depend on the ignition system being used, but I had the best success around .028-.032

Comment

What are your impressions on spark plugs (heat and gap) for the vg30et engine? I plan on running no more than a 50shot
        *You'll notice the small increase of what a 50 shot does and then get quickly bored.
        **Make plans for one step colder plugs beyond the 50 shot....and a digital sci plus ignition box or something compareable to pull timing out. (this is the biggest kicker for getting the complete use of the nitrous above what you want to run and not just blowing it out the tail pipe/turbo. It also gives you the ability to have the car run awesome all the time, with regards to base timing.)
        I am here to help...

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: How much power do you suppose your SS is making right now?

Just my opinion that with any nitrous use I would go one step colder (the 7's you mentioned), and for nitrous with a good amount of boost you may benefit from going two steps colder (8's).

Gap can depend on the ignition system being used, but I had the best success around .028-.032
          I'm not making a whole lot right now. Ballpark would be 250 flywheel. I am however getting ready to increase that number with the fuel and turbo I have in my garage. Two steps was my old rule of thumb in my stang days, sounds like it would make the most sense in the longrun now.

Jason, how does the vg run with cooler plugs? Any drivability issues?
          2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Signal 12 wrote: how does the vg run with cooler plugs? Any drivability issues?
            I didn't notice any difference.
            imagination is a virtue

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote:
              **Make plans for one step colder plugs beyond the 50 shot....and a digital sci plus ignition box or something compareable to pull timing out.
              Dan, I haven't heard of something like this. Call me old school with my timing light and white out marks on the crank...do you have a link? It sounds awesome. Thanks.

Mike
              2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

research msd bdtm

Comment

Working...
                X