redline increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redline increase

i sent my cams out the other day to MSA and im getting a 280/280 .435"/.435" grind. i have read that for every 10 dgrees of extended duration you gain 500 rpm. i was woundering if this information is correct ot not. so if any one has any idea just let me know. thanx
    Originally posted by Racinjitter
    :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
    ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

To try to simplify it for people... It ultimately boils down to the flow capacity of your individual setup. If the intake, heads and exhaust would allow limitless flow potential and the bottom end also had no inertial limit then you could spin an engine perpetually faster and make a linear power increase per RPM. It's a simple function of the number of pressure pulses per second.

Then the practical limits come into play. The first issue is the valve springs, because the greater RPM in addition to steeper lobes on the cam will tend to "throw" the lifter and you will get float. Then there's the Practical limit of head and exhaust flow, and the inertial loading on the rods, bearings, etc. Then there's the precision of a given crank angle sensor, engine harmonics and 100 other annoying variables that come into play.

It all boils down to a safe RPM for a stock VG30 bottom end being roughly 7000RPM, give or take and greatly depending on the amount of power the engine is making to begin with.

Comment

thanks. i'm about get my heads ported and polished and i'm saving money up to rebuild my entire engine/car(except body work) so 7k would be my safe point correct? considering i have all of the right parts along with everything tuned.
      Originally posted by Racinjitter
      :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
      ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

Working...
      X