Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did the cam change your compression results???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did the cam change your compression results???

`

130 is low already, I think your engine is just getting killed.
    KILL HADJI

Comment

I never really noted a difference in compression, but 14in seems about right for a typical aftermarket cam grind. More overlap = lower vac at idle; that's about how much vac mine pulls (13-14) at idle with 38 degrees of overlap.

Comment

I'd double check the timing. I had a similar issue with a stock VG30E, low compression on every cylinder, and the problem turned out to be that the cam gears were flipped. The right on the left and left on the right. They were about half a tooth off I believe but it was enough to drop compression on all of the cylinders.

I wouldn't think a modified cam would drop compression that much.

Comment

MachZ wrote: I'd double check the timing. I had a similar issue with a stock VG30E, low compression on every cylinder, and the problem turned out to be that the cam gears were flipped. The right on the left and left on the right. They were about half a tooth off I believe but it was enough to drop compression on all of the cylinders.

I wouldn't think a modified cam would drop compression that much.
          The cam shouldn't do squat to compression, if you're measuring at TDC on the combustion stroke....
          BLOZ UP.com
          It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

He's doing a compression test. You're talking about a leak down test. Leakdown would probably be a better indication of engine condition in this case.

Comment

Working...
            X