turbo oil return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo oil return

is there any way to hook up a turbo oil return on a n/a oil pan without removing it ? i don't have a spare pan for the drag project and i'm lazy enough on this one to not want remove it. also i'm relocating the turbo so i won't be using a factory return line.

boost. does a body good!

a hammer-in fitting....

Comment

I just don't see a way to do that without the possibility of sending small shavings into the pan :-(

Comment

Drag project, relocated turbo, and you don't want to remove the pan? That is the easiet part

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

yeah i know i just don't feel like rolling around on the floor wishing bad things on the oil pan.

boost. does a body good!

Comment

Plug all your crankcase ends up, pressurize it to say, 5psi or so (too much and you'll blow seals out). drill, very slowly with lots of lube.

Drain the oil before you do the above, and pour some mineral spirits in the pan and drain a few times, then fill with oil.

it's not the big shavings you have to worry about...
            BLOZ UP.com
            It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

You know, you might just be able to undo the motor mounts lift the engine via cherry picker and have enough room to pull the pan off and do it the right way.

But wait you dont want to roll around on the floor? nevermind, forget I said anything
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

i have so many different projects going on right now that i was just looking for a quick out for the return line. i've decided the pan must come off.

boost. does a body good!

Comment

Working...
                X