Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine stalls with clutch in over 2500 rpm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    But of course.
    378whp 445wtq
    http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/


    Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

    Comment


    • #17
      Fill in some of the blanks for us...
      -What is your base timing set at, checked when the car is obviuosly warmed up?
      -Does the ecu show any codes, if so, what are they?
      I am here to help...

      Comment


      • #18
        Just for shits and giggles, try wiring the fuel pump solid on from another source (amp wiring or whatever). I fixed mine from doing that exact thing by adjusting the throttle cable, but I recall a friend telling me he had this issue only after his walbro install.

        Comment


        • #19
          Dan-TSS wrote: Fill in some of the blanks for us...
          -What is your base timing set at, checked when the car is obviuosly warmed up?
          -Does the ecu show any codes, if so, what are they?
          Timing is set at 25 degrees even though JWT told me to set it at 20 degrees. On the dyno 25 degrees gave me an additional 6whp.

          I haven't checked any codes yet. I am pulling my plenum (again) to remove all the unnecessary items mounted on it & making block off plates.
          BTW, can I block off/remove the hose between the upper & lower intake that has coolant running through it?
          378whp 445wtq
          http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/


          Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

          Comment


          • #20
            yes, i blocked off the coolant lines through the tps. you can just plumb them back through each other.
            Another one dead: 1985 2+2 GLL, stripped going to the recycler!!! doing my part to stop global warming!


            the sierra club is gay!!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Coolant lines thru the throttle position sensor huh? Kewl! lol

              I know u mean TB, im just teasing...
              http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

              Comment


              • #22
                I by passed those lines long ago. The one I'm asking about goes from the lower plenum (in the middle of it) to the passenger side of the upper plenum. It appears to then run through a metal pipe around the back of the engine & goes to one of the turbo coolant hoses.
                378whp 445wtq
                http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/


                Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

                Comment


                • #23
                  mark86t wrote: BTW, can I block off/remove the hose between the upper & lower intake that has coolant running through it?
                  Bypass it directly from the lower plenum to the metal water pipe right behind it. It's kind of hard to squeeze a hose in there, but you can snake it behind the injector it's next to. This will get rid of coolant flowing through the plenum and TB (as well as the turbo if so equipped). If you want to keep the water cooling to the turbo, run it from lower intake to turbo to the water pipe, but make sure the now hoses don't encounter any dangers along the way ;-)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Jason84NA2T wrote:
                    Bypass it directly from the lower plenum to the metal water pipe right behind it. It's kind of hard to squeeze a hose in there, but you can snake it behind the injector it's next to. This will get rid of coolant flowing through the plenum and TB (as well as the turbo if so equipped). If you want to keep the water cooling to the turbo, run it from lower intake to turbo to the water pipe, but make sure the now hoses don't encounter any dangers along the way ;-)
                    Perfect. That's what I needed to know. I want to keep the water going to the turbo. So when I pull the plenum today I will just run the water hose from the lower plenum to the pipe that supplies water to the turbo. THANKS!! :lol:
                    378whp 445wtq
                    http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/


                    Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Ok I got to re-installing the plenum today with all the "extra" stuff removed. I adjusted my idle using the set screw under the throttle body tang. No more stalling when I rev. Love it! My engine bay looks so much cleaner as well. I'll have to take it out tomorrow to see if it runs any differently. Thanks again for all your help guys!!
                      378whp 445wtq
                      http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/


                      Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Jason84NA2T wrote: Bypass it directly from the lower plenum to the metal water pipe right behind it. It's kind of hard to squeeze a hose in there, but you can snake it behind the injector it's next to. This will get rid of coolant flowing through the plenum and TB (as well as the turbo if so equipped). If you want to keep the water cooling to the turbo, run it from lower intake to turbo to the water pipe, but make sure the now hoses don't encounter any dangers along the way ;-)
                        Just to verify, are you refering to the bypassing the short hose between the lower and upper plenums right next to the #6 injector? Also for verification, which of the metal pipes would it be bypassed to?

                        I was thinking along these lines for when I get the L&P plenum delivered here pretty soon but wasn't sure about it until I pull the plenum off to get a better look again.
                        Just stand back and throw money.
                        Performance costs money.
                        Reliable performance costs more.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          OR-Zman wrote:
                          Just to verify, are you refering to the bypassing the short hose between the lower and upper plenums right next to the #6 injector? Also for verification, which of the metal pipes would it be bypassed to?
                          Yes the short one between the upper & lower plenum. It is an easy job with the plenum removed, which is why I removed mine to do this.
                          Attached Files
                          378whp 445wtq
                          http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/


                          Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            ^thanks for the verifying that.
                            Just stand back and throw money.
                            Performance costs money.
                            Reliable performance costs more.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X