Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mark86t
    replied
    Dan-TSS wrote: Fill in some of the blanks for us...
    -What is your base timing set at, checked when the car is obviuosly warmed up?
    -Does the ecu show any codes, if so, what are they?
    Timing is set at 25 degrees even though JWT told me to set it at 20 degrees. On the dyno 25 degrees gave me an additional 6whp.

I haven't checked any codes yet. I am pulling my plenum (again) to remove all the unnecessary items mounted on it & making block off plates.
    BTW, can I block off/remove the hose between the upper & lower intake that has coolant running through it?

Leave a comment:

• Jason84NA2T
    replied
    Just for shits and giggles, try wiring the fuel pump solid on from another source (amp wiring or whatever). I fixed mine from doing that exact thing by adjusting the throttle cable, but I recall a friend telling me he had this issue only after his walbro install.

Leave a comment:

• Dan-TSS
    replied
    Fill in some of the blanks for us...
    -What is your base timing set at, checked when the car is obviuosly warmed up?
    -Does the ecu show any codes, if so, what are they?

Leave a comment:

• mark86t
    replied
    But of course.

Leave a comment:

• MrwassmanNA2T
    replied
    So did you replace the tps yet?

Leave a comment:

• craZed
    replied
    mark86t wrote: I tried to increase my idle using the throttle cable. It's as tight as it can be adjusted & the idle never changed.
    There is an adjustment screw on the TB itself.It basicaly prevents the
    butterfly valve from closing completely.You will need an 8mm and a
    flathead to adjust this screw.
    This is how you will set your idle with the idle controls removed.

Leave a comment:

• mark86t
    replied
    Well I adjusted the TPS today as per the manual. No change. Still stalls. Gonna remove the rest of the "junk" from the plenum soon, maybe this will help.

Leave a comment:

• MrwassmanNA2T
    replied
    [quote]mark86t wrote:
    Originally posted by Taris Blue
    My car has done this once after I installed cams and I have been told that it can be fixed by just adjusting the idle a little higher...although my car normally idles at around 600, not 750.Since it is a turbo car there is no idle adjustment screw. I tried to increase my idle using the throttle cable. It's as tight as it can be adjusted & the idle never changed. I'm trying the TPS today to see if that changes anything.
    I thought you rotated the tps to adjust the idle? That is what i did...

Also, my car HATES to idle at 600, 800 is the best feeling.

Leave a comment:

• mark86t
    replied
    Taris Blue wrote: My car has done this once after I installed cams and I have been told that it can be fixed by just adjusting the idle a little higher...although my car normally idles at around 600, not 750.
    Since it is a turbo car there is no idle adjustment screw. I tried to increase my idle using the throttle cable. It's as tight as it can be adjusted & the idle never changed. I'm trying the TPS today to see if that changes anything.

Leave a comment:

• Taris Blue
    replied
    My car has done this once after I installed cams and I have been told that it can be fixed by just adjusting the idle a little higher...although my car normally idles at around 600, not 750.

Leave a comment:

• FlawleZ
    replied
    [quote]mark86t wrote:
    Originally posted by 300zxt
    So it DOES stall at 2,500rpms? AFM then i'd say!No it revs and runs perfectly. But at anything over 2500 rpms & I put the clutch in it stalls. So if I drive to a light cruising in 3rd gear & then put the clutch in and coast to the light, it stalls. If I sit in my garage & rev the car to say 4000 rpms & then just let off, it stalls.
    My Z32 used to do this for a while and a lot of people mention having to put some tape over the intake filter. I'm assuming its to cause some sort of turbulence for the AFM? Mine went away after a few days of driving.

Leave a comment:

• mark86t
    replied
    300zxt wrote: So it DOES stall at 2,500rpms? AFM then i'd say!
    No it revs and runs perfectly. But at anything over 2500 rpms & I put the clutch in it stalls. So if I drive to a light cruising in 3rd gear & then put the clutch in and coast to the light, it stalls. If I sit in my garage & rev the car to say 4000 rpms & then just let off, it stalls.

Leave a comment:

• mark86t
    replied
    Jason84NA2T wrote: I used to experience this issue before I started playing around with the ECU. Do you still have the fuel pump wiring stock?
    I installed the Walbro fuel pump. But that doesn't change the wiring.

Leave a comment:

• 300zxt
    replied
    So it DOES stall at 2,500rpms? AFM then i'd say!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mark86t
    replied
    300zxt wrote: How high will it let you rev? If not over 2,500rpms could be the AFM...
    Soryy I think I misled you. My car runs perfectly. But it will stall if I put the clutch in at any rev past 2500 rpms. I just want to know why my car stalls if I rev it or clutch in & coast to a stop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X