• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mark86t
    started a topic Engine stalls with clutch in over 2500 rpm

Engine stalls with clutch in over 2500 rpm

86 turbo 5 speed

Ok, my idle is at about 750 rpms. My car starts quickly & easily. If I rev the engine & let off it stalls. While driving, if I put the clutch in and just let the engine fall off instead of downshifting the engine stalls. The car stalls more easily when it's hot/fully warmed up. The car starts right back up with no issues. Just that it stalls easily, which is annoying. I have tested my car for boost leaks, which should have also found any vacuum leaks (right?) and I have fixed all boost leaks. I have my throttle cable adjusted as tight as it will go & I put a new OEM throttle cable on my car a couple of months ago. Any ideas????? Thanks.

• OR-Zman
    replied
    ^thanks for the verifying that.

Leave a comment:

• mark86t
    replied
    OR-Zman wrote:
    Just to verify, are you refering to the bypassing the short hose between the lower and upper plenums right next to the #6 injector? Also for verification, which of the metal pipes would it be bypassed to?
    Yes the short one between the upper & lower plenum. It is an easy job with the plenum removed, which is why I removed mine to do this.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• OR-Zman
    replied
    Jason84NA2T wrote: Bypass it directly from the lower plenum to the metal water pipe right behind it. It's kind of hard to squeeze a hose in there, but you can snake it behind the injector it's next to. This will get rid of coolant flowing through the plenum and TB (as well as the turbo if so equipped). If you want to keep the water cooling to the turbo, run it from lower intake to turbo to the water pipe, but make sure the now hoses don't encounter any dangers along the way ;-)
    Just to verify, are you refering to the bypassing the short hose between the lower and upper plenums right next to the #6 injector? Also for verification, which of the metal pipes would it be bypassed to?

I was thinking along these lines for when I get the L&P plenum delivered here pretty soon but wasn't sure about it until I pull the plenum off to get a better look again.

Leave a comment:

• mark86t
    replied
    Ok I got to re-installing the plenum today with all the "extra" stuff removed. I adjusted my idle using the set screw under the throttle body tang. No more stalling when I rev. Love it! My engine bay looks so much cleaner as well. I'll have to take it out tomorrow to see if it runs any differently. Thanks again for all your help guys!!

Leave a comment:

• mark86t
    replied
    Jason84NA2T wrote:
    Bypass it directly from the lower plenum to the metal water pipe right behind it. It's kind of hard to squeeze a hose in there, but you can snake it behind the injector it's next to. This will get rid of coolant flowing through the plenum and TB (as well as the turbo if so equipped). If you want to keep the water cooling to the turbo, run it from lower intake to turbo to the water pipe, but make sure the now hoses don't encounter any dangers along the way ;-)
    Perfect. That's what I needed to know. I want to keep the water going to the turbo. So when I pull the plenum today I will just run the water hose from the lower plenum to the pipe that supplies water to the turbo. THANKS!! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Jason84NA2T
    replied
    mark86t wrote: BTW, can I block off/remove the hose between the upper & lower intake that has coolant running through it?
    Bypass it directly from the lower plenum to the metal water pipe right behind it. It's kind of hard to squeeze a hose in there, but you can snake it behind the injector it's next to. This will get rid of coolant flowing through the plenum and TB (as well as the turbo if so equipped). If you want to keep the water cooling to the turbo, run it from lower intake to turbo to the water pipe, but make sure the now hoses don't encounter any dangers along the way ;-)

Leave a comment:

• mark86t
    replied
    I by passed those lines long ago. The one I'm asking about goes from the lower plenum (in the middle of it) to the passenger side of the upper plenum. It appears to then run through a metal pipe around the back of the engine & goes to one of the turbo coolant hoses.

Leave a comment:

• 300zxt
    replied
    Coolant lines thru the throttle position sensor huh? Kewl! lol

I know u mean TB, im just teasing...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X