Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My box mount setup.

I like it....a lot.

To do this, I hollowed out the front bumper support so 4" of radiator can fit inside it.

sigpic

Nice.

Does the new angle of the radiator have any negative affect on cooling or airflow?
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Actually it seems to flow better than stock with condenser in front of it. I've stuck my hand up near that opening with the hood shut and the fans on high and there is a mean breeze blowing through there. If I wanted to vent my hood above the rad it would be even better but that's unnecessary right now.
      sigpic

Comment

That is awesome.

I am thinking of doing that with an BMW e30 radiator. They seem to be a really nice quality and i never hear of them over heating even on high heat track days. my friends temp gauge never moves. I guess mine doesn't either.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

What fan shroud is that? I'd like to put something like that on the 85T I have as the previous person who had it put a pusher fan on the back side... which doesn't work too well. On top of that, they wired it to a switch instead of a thermostatic control. Needless to say... I could just about kill the person who abused this car. :lol:

Comment

That's a maxima fan assy.
            sigpic

Comment

I thought that thing looked familiar. :lol:

Comment

Have another question for you. Are you using a thermostat switch to turn them on, and if so what temp do they turn on at? I need to get a different setup on this thing soon because I don't trust it at all.

Comment

adjustable ones are only 50 bucks.....

Comment

MrwassmanNA wrote: adjustable ones are only 50 bucks.....
                    :shock: $50???

I have 2 Flexalite temp controllers I bought for $32ea at Napa. I have them kick on at about 175-180 which is basically the lower end of their designed temp adjustment range. I really like them and they seem to be quality units.

(I have front and a rear mounted fans is the reason for 2 controllers. and they are independently wired intentionally)
                    Just stand back and throw money.
                    Performance costs money.
                    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Yeah, I just wasn't sure what the basic standard temp most people set them up at. The Maxima fan setup also has a high speed and low speed fan which is kind of a staged setup. If I remember correctly, the low speed fan kicks on and if that doesn't do it the high speed fan kicks on. Something like that.... I need to start working on my Maxima again. I'm forgetting too many things about it. :lol:
                      Attached Files

Comment

[quote]OR-Zman wrote:
                        Originally posted by MrwassmanNA
                        adjustable ones are only 50 bucks.....
                        :shock: $50???

I have 2 Flexalite temp controllers I bought for $32ea at Napa. I have them kick on at about 175-180 which is basically the lower end of their designed temp adjustment range. I really like them and they seem to be quality units.

(I have front and a rear mounted fans is the reason for 2 controllers. and they are independently wired intentionally)
                        in reality, i paid 80 locally. It broke, got a free one. I found the same one online for 50. So i thought it was cheap.

Dual fan, 90-270 degree adjustment range, threads right into the intake manifold with no drilling/ tapping.

Good enough for me.

(gotta support local business )

Comment

MachZ wrote: Have another question for you. Are you using a thermostat switch to turn them on, and if so what temp do they turn on at? I need to get a different setup on this thing soon because I don't trust it at all.
                          I have a Hayden(?) fan control for low speed. A/C button turns them on high via the a/c compressor wire and a relay.
                          sigpic

Comment

That is exactly what I am going to do(after seeing yours first). Do the clamps are on the intercooler the only thing that is holding up the radiator. How is the intercooler secured? I have the exact same intercooler.

Comment

The radiator is held up by a pair of sturdy fiberglass brackets scavenged from the Origin warehouse and bolt to the headlight buckets. The front (or top?) is supported by the bumper support. There are 4 clamp things for the FMIC. Two bolted to the lower radiator pan thing, and not so sturdy ones bolted to the plastic shroud. The piping provides a lot of the support.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X