Cam Installation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Installation...

Lets say I wanted to do the turbo conversion and not wait until the cams came. Will i be able to put new cams in with out removing the heads? I really am running out of time before I go off to school and want this thing up and going as planned.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

I believe the heads must come off the car.
    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

No, the heads do not need to come off the engine to install new cams.

It's not super easy to do it in the car, but it can be done with about 6-7 hours on top of a timing belt job. Give yourself a full weekend to do the job once you have all the needed parts, trust me.

The manual well tell you to jack the engine up to remove the cams, we actually found it was easier to remove the engine mounts and lower the engine down to the crossmember to remove them.

Comment

I'm glad I have enough room for 1.5 more VG30s in my 240z... cam installation will be a breeze, especially when I set up my lawn chair in the engine bay.
        BLOZ UP.com
        It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

BLOZ UP wrote: I'm glad I have enough room for 1.5 more VG30s in my 240z... cam installation will be a breeze, especially when I set up my lawn chair in the engine bay.
          AHAHAHAHAHA

Well, I guess my impatience shows, because the cams came today.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
          X