No announcement yet.

New problem at 5700rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2+2turbo wrote: what kind of blowoff valve do you have?

that whole sputter sticking around for the next gear thing is weird....
    HKS SSQ

This is why I am going to do another boost leak test on the car soon. Though the last one showed no leaks. Just gonna double check. I could have blow a coupling off slightly. Boost seems to bleed of slightly when the sputter occurs. Not sure if it is the cause of the sputter or just a side effect of the sputter.
    378whp 445wtq
    http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

thats is what i was thinkiong but now that i give it a second thought , it wouldnt be at a specific rpm where it would happen , it would be more of a specific boost level thing . i vote ecu ...

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote:

Stock is like .044 to .043, not .43... that would be huge. :lol: I don't recommend using platinums, and I don't even know anyone with a turbocharged vehicle that runs them, but you don't need to set the gap on those. Copper plugs (with their large flashpoint) set to a slightly smaller gap seem to yield the best performance on SOHC VG engines.
        woops forgot the .0, my car was N/A currently in conversion.. copper plugs noted* 8)

good luck mark! maybe all that torture you dished out for that vid you made got on her nerves :lol:

Comment

88sinZ wrote:
          good luck mark! maybe all that torture you dished out for that vid you made got on her nerves :lol:
          It was sputtering through the street launches for the video, so she started complaining a while ago. lol

I'm going to try another boost leak test, then put my OEM plug wires back on, then try stock NGK plugs, then check my TT fuel filter (though the fuel pressure checked out ok).

After that I'm gonna drink heavily & see if that conjurs any creative thinking toward the problem. :lol:
          378whp 445wtq

Comment

If ur blow off valve is leaking out some air for any reason causing there to be a lot of fuel dumping could do it. How are ALL ur vaccumm lines?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: If ur blow off valve is leaking out some air for any reason causing there to be a lot of fuel dumping could do it. How are ALL ur vaccumm lines?
              BOV is not leaking. That much I'm certain of. Vacuum lines? Not many left. I removed just about everything from the gutted plenum, no charcoal canister, etc...

But I am doing a boost leak test again, hopefully tomorrow.
              Attached Files
              378whp 445wtq

Comment

I think he means venting early, not leaking as such... Check the spring adjustment which I'm guessing yours has to make sure it's not opening up at idle or closing too slowly etc
                http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

300zxt wrote: I think he means venting early, not leaking as such... Check the spring adjustment which I'm guessing yours has to make sure it's not opening up at idle or closing too slowly etc
                  Based on the other information he provided... If his AFR does not change, then it cannot be air or fuel related. It has to be either electrical (spark or otherwise) or engine mechanical.

Comment

Ah fair enough...

From reading previous posts, he hasn't tried bypassing the EBC all together yet? I've known of a couple of guys who had a similar issue that that same EBC which I'm not sure if the AFR gauge would pickup or not.

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
                      Originally posted by 300zxt
                      I think he means venting early, not leaking as such... Check the spring adjustment which I'm guessing yours has to make sure it's not opening up at idle or closing too slowly etc
                      Based on the other information he provided... If his AFR does not change, then it cannot be air or fuel related. It has to be either electrical (spark or otherwise) or engine mechanical.
                      Correct Jason. That is what my buddy & I figure. Electrical is what we are convinced it is right now. Just gotta figure out what it is.

BTW, my BOV has no adjustment.
                      378whp 445wtq

Comment

Have you tried removing the EBC all together yet? I cant remember where the hell I saw it now but someone with that same model EBC had similar issues to what you're having now. I'm not certain if an AFR gauge would pick it up, I could be wrong I'm just trying to think of things before you have to resort to ripping out the ECU and sending it back if that is indeed the only thing left to check.

Comment

300zxt wrote: Have you tried removing the EBC all together yet? I cant remember where the hell I saw it now but someone with that same model EBC had similar issues to what you're having now. I'm not certain if an AFR gauge would pick it up, I could be wrong I'm just trying to think of things before you have to resort to ripping out the ECU and sending it back if that is indeed the only thing left to check.
                          Well first I'm going to put my stock plug wires back on the car. As for the ECU, I was going to send it back to JWT for the 4 bar upgrade in Nov. So maybe that would take care of two things, I'd get the upgrade and they'd fix the problem at the same time. I could only hope.
                          378whp 445wtq

Comment

[quote]mark86t wrote:
                            Originally posted by 300zxt
                            Have you tried removing the EBC all together yet? I cant remember where the hell I saw it now but someone with that same model EBC had similar issues to what you're having now. I'm not certain if an AFR gauge would pick it up, I could be wrong I'm just trying to think of things before you have to resort to ripping out the ECU and sending it back if that is indeed the only thing left to check.
                            Well first I'm going to put my stock plug wires back on the car. As for the ECU, I was going to send it back to JWT for the 4 bar upgrade in Nov. So maybe that would take care of two things, I'd get the upgrade and they'd fix the problem at the same time. I could only hope.
                            Why would you do the 4bar system when you have an AFC? That seems kind of like wasting money to me.

While you are waiting for your upgrade to be done, you might inquire about their ford lightning maf and 72lb/hr injector tune that is in development. I know they've been working on it for like a couple years now, but I don't know if they'll ever release it. It would have a 700+hp fueling potiential.

Comment

`

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote:
                                Why would you do the 4bar system when you have an AFC? That seems kind of like wasting money to me.
                                See now that is exactly why I like readin/posting here. I learn things all the time. My buddy agrees with you. He told me again that I need to get the Romulator like some of you guys have. I think before I do that I may want to get cams & springs. (that would be AFTER I find the solution to this annoying problem & dyno the car the way it is) What do you think Jason? Would that be my best bang for the buck right now with all the other mods I already have?
                                378whp 445wtq

Comment

Working...
                                X