Singh's Grooves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singh's Grooves

Has anyone heard of Singh's Grooves? I was talkin to a guy after we raced, and the guy made out like a lot of people are trying it out, and really liking the results. I looked it up when I got home, and this guys main site is http://somender-singh.com/.
    But you can read about his grooves http://somender-singh.com/content/view/7/31/ here.

Its fairly interesting. Anyone heard of it?
    ~es3

I heard of it a while back but never got to see any pictures of the way they did it. A guy over at the Maxima forums that boosted his VG30E tried it out, but I'm not sure if he saw gains or not. Although, at the time I don't believe he had any good pictures to base anything off of so the grooves could probably be improved a lot.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to see if anybody had any fresh Ideas of thoughts on this. (without posting a new thread)
      My understaning is that the grooves work best when oriented toward the spark plug and the exhaust valve. (unlike above where they all just point center-ish)
      Ready, GO!
      10:1 VG33E Swap 200HP
      M30 ECU with N60 MAF
      Pathfinder Intake, Euro Cams, Russ Cam Gears, Headers and Gibson Cat Back

Comment

Engine Running Tests Analysis - Herningg.com

Comment

Summary: Slightly lower HP in some RPM ranges. Lower EGT (a good 40 degrees) throughout. Higher carbon emissions.

Conclusion: Bullshit.

I could have told you that from that whack website with horrible punctuation.
          BLOZ UP.com
          It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

Well those grooves do one thing in my my mental cfd analysis, they take away from the "squish" force of the quench area... that flat spot, especially near the end of the stroke blows gases at high velocity right along the chamber floor (ie. piston top) lifting and blowing/mixing whatever fuel is left for a mor ecomplete burn...

Using these grooves takes away from that squish effect, without giving back anything...

Comment

Blows gasses across the piston top... yeah, that's what it looks like on the hack job maxima head above.

Well, the quench does that too right?
              Some of the Grooves I've seen are cut deep. The kind I refer to is a single groove that starts at zero near the fire ring and gets deeper as it moves towards center until it nearly touches the spark plug. Wouldn't that accelerate gasses directly across the spark plug?
              10:1 VG33E Swap 200HP
              M30 ECU with N60 MAF
              Pathfinder Intake, Euro Cams, Russ Cam Gears, Headers and Gibson Cat Back

Comment

Working...
              X