Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
    Originally posted by BLOZ UP
    And brass and copper OEM radiators are better than aluminum aftermarket ones as far as heat dissapation goes, all else being the same.
    It's funny... if you mean thermal transfer copper and brass are better at transferring heat within themselves and to fluids, while aluminum is better at transferring heat between itself and air. Each offers advantages, but people usually like aluminum for aftermarket units because it's lighter/cheaper.

I agree though, the OE cooling system is more than adequate; even on my car with an IC blocking 80% of the flow through the radiator.
    a lot of high performance heatsink/fan units on computers are pure copper

Comment

Andrevas wrote: a lot of high performance heatsink/fan units on computers are pure copper
      And a lot of them are pure aluminum, and even more of them recently use copper cores with aluminum fins, or a mix of the two. I especially like the newer Zalman designs.

I still think I'm one of the few people to take a 1.4ghz tbird to 1.75ghz on air cooling alone.

Comment

have you noticed the newer intel coolers got so much bigger prior to the core* chips

friend picked up a zalman for his p4-950 .... weighed at least 1.5kg.... the zalman psu however was nice

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
          Originally posted by Andrevas
          a lot of high performance heatsink/fan units on computers are pure copper
          And a lot of them are pure aluminum, and even more of them recently use copper cores with aluminum fins, or a mix of the two. I especially like the newer Zalman designs.

I still think I'm one of the few people to take a 1.4ghz tbird to 1.75ghz on air cooling alone.
          *off topic*

1800+ JIUHB stepping Tbred, AN7, LOTS of voltage, with a Thermalright SP97 and a 64cfm Enermax

I was able to get it up to 2.7 in BIOS with 2Vcore and still keep it under 55C, but XP corrupted at that speed.

the 2.5 was somewhat stable, I was able to run SuperPI at that speed

Comment

Working...
          X