What compression ratio for turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What compression ratio for turbo?

600whp on whatever 2 turbos will get me it at the lowest boost...

9:1?

8.5:1?

I have no clue.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

8.5:1 is the universal intermediate. Even the GTP car used it. I know a few people including myself here are using that.
    KILL HADJI

Comment

Sounds good.
      BLOZ UP.com
      It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

If you're running a twin setup and low boost applications, why don't you go ahead with the 9:1? Of course more low end and more air to spool the turbos sooner.
        Originally posted by Andrew84zx
        tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
        545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

but remember boost+atmosphere x compression = huge

at 15psi boost your peak cylinder compression is around 260psi prior to boom on a 9:1

at 20psi boost it'll be like 10psi higher using 8:1

that's part 1.... part 2 is how much cylinder pressure reaches on ignition, and that's also a multiple of the peak compression

so the point is you can lose 10hp to lower compression and make 50hp back by raising boost...

for 600hp I'd shoot for low 8.x:1 .... the boost will have to be way up there, high 20's/low 30's maybe

Comment

It's all going to depend on the type of gas you plan to run, because as GE noted it's a matter of peak cylinder pressure and the fuel stability.

I would say somewhere around the low 8's is going to be your best bet if you're still planning on the twin 16G's.

Comment

So, 8:1.

I knew there was a trade-off, as GE noted. But I don't know where it is.

I know I'd need about 28psi to get 600hp, if my little turbo calc is right.
              BLOZ UP.com

Comment

perhaps you should make a custom plenum, perhaps even with twin throttle bodies feeding a common chamber

you could use two smic's like a z32 but better ones at have them up front somewhere and you can keep the piping super short.... or you could even use the standard end to end outlet style where the left and right turbos feed opposing throttles ... would look hella cool and piping diameter could be small

Comment

G-E wrote: perhaps you should make a custom plenum, perhaps even with twin throttle bodies feeding a common chamber

you could use two smic's like a z32 but better ones at have them up front somewhere and you can keep the piping super short.... or you could even use the standard end to end outlet style where the left and right turbos feed opposing throttles ... would look hella cool and piping diameter could be small
                  I had entertained the dual TB idea for a while. I'm not in the mood to weld aluminum plenums anytime soon. Ugh. piping I can do, but welding on cast is a pain. I suppose I could make a complete one from scratch and I wouldn't have as much of a problem.
                  BLOZ UP.com

Comment

exactly.... you could do a diamond with t/b on both sides, or maybe even a log with one at each end

Comment

Working...
                    X