Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

200ZR RB26DETT Engine swap, Water, air con radiator and intercooler relocation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200ZR RB26DETT Engine swap, Water, air con radiator and intercooler relocation.

Morning
    I am currently in the proses of putting a RB26DETT into my 200ZR and was hoping someone can give me any ideas of piping for the intercooler, water and air conditioning radiators.
    Any links to pictures or if someone as done this swap before any information would be much appreciated.
    Thanks Billy

is your avatar a joke?

No one here besides long past members have gone RB26DETT, and at that - only one that i can remember.

you're at an advantage having a RB ready front crossmember.

The little details you're asking about are like coloring between the lines, if you cant figure it out its likely over your head.

Comment

• Terminator_2
      Terminator_2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your help

What help...lone vulture remaining behind to chase away the few who come to the ghost town, lol
    Last edited by Augustus Maximus; 12-11-2016, 11:54 AM.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Comment

• Terminator_2
      Terminator_2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that's what I was thinking

dude ask if a RB will fit into his RB powered car.

will a square peg fit into a square hole?

Comment

• Terminator_2
      Terminator_2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude !!! I know a RB engine will fit into my car that had a RB in there in the first place how stupid do you think everyone is on this site.
      All I was asking for was ideas of how I could get the intercooler piping around the radiators.
      But don't worry I have figured it out without your help.
      Next time if someone asks for advise on anything maybe you could consider doing this instead of been a objective idiot.

Searching pulls up a few threads regarding the swap. One even a recent build. I would recommend you give the search option a try next time.

https://z31performance.com/forum/z31...00zx-rb26-swap

https://z31performance.com/forum/z31...lee-s-87t-rb26
    '86 300ZXT GLL
    '78 Datsun 280Z BP
    '11 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD

Comment

• Terminator_2
      Terminator_2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you This is all I was after, I have realised that is I mount the radiators vertical there is plenty of room to get the intercooler pipes around the side of it.
      Thank you for sending me the threads.

i usually guess how stupid some people are, others - like you, tell me how stupid they are

your question is nothing but 'how do i fit these puzzle pieces together without even looking at them'

Comment

What ever I don't know why you are even still commenting on this.
      Your negativaty is of no help what so ever.
      Good bye.

Comment

• 88sinZ
        88sinZ commented
        Editing a comment
        because you're clueless and unwilling to figure out simple problems.
        Good bye.

Originally posted by Terminator_2 View Post
      Morning
      I am currently in the proses of putting a RB26DETT into my 200ZR and was hoping someone can give me any ideas of piping for the intercooler, water and air conditioning radiators.
      Any links to pictures or if someone as done this swap before any information would be much appreciated.
      Thanks Billy
      Factory RB setup goes through the inner fender wall on a Skyline for the intercooler piping.
      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

You guys are all cunts .. Entertaining though.
        Straya, +61

Comment

Wow haven't been on here for a while and seems to have gone to shit. So much for community and basic manners.
          regarding rb26 into a z31 modifying the vg30 would be a much easier and cost effective exercise that would deliver big power.
          if your insisting on rb26 upright radiator might not give you enough cooling if you're after more than cruising which means cooler pipes out through arches like gtrs which also gives better flow.
          Would love to see pics of your progress.
          Love z31's as much as I do? Check out my build: http://www.zdriver.com.au/index.php/...__80#entry2219

Comment

Working...
          X