Urgent need response quickly - cam and timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent need response quickly - cam and timing

Getting tuned in 2 days. I'm running Russ adjustable cam gears and isky 280/280 cams. We have the cams degreed by the machine shop which is fully retarded and with the distributer fully retarded the timing is still way too advanced, like 30 or 40 degrees. Has anyone else experienced this? I've advanced the cams as far as they go and kept the distributer as retarded as it goes and now I'm at 30* base timing. Any help is appreciated if anyone has tuned this far off and how it went.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

I know this will throw off your current degree wheel setting. You may have to retard your camshaft more, reset Russ cam gears and that may give you room at the distributor.... this is just a suggestion...I’m coming behind you with a similar build
    shotyme

Comment

when you say "timing" are you discussing ignition timing or valvetrain timing?
      --------------
      Legal stuff:
      **Nissan Employee**
      Any information shared is simply my own opinion and NOT the opinion of Nissan

not legal stuff:
      '88 300ZX 2+2-- driving... just details left
      '22 Q60RS-- I tell the wife it's hers...
      '87 Chaparral bowrider-- the next project
      '00 Corolla-- kids car.
      '14 E-350-- Gotta haul those kids in something.

Comment

would moving the distributor 1 tooth forward or backward put you in a more usable range?
        if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Comment

The distributor was off by 1 tooth. Thanks guys
          Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Comment

Working...
          X