Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder engine rebuild

Hi all,
    I know it's not a 300......same engine......probably better here than anywhere else for this specific engine.

N/A, not a performance build beyond headers intake......

If this is has been asked oh well hopefully this will be quick in way of a simple answer or direction ware I can find it.

I'm having doubts with my bearing clearances. Long story short I have a reman crank that has been ground to .010/.010 or .25/.25mm under it came with bearings but there ACL alumaglides checked them out I dont trust them. I already had .25 undersized sealed power bearings, they are much better made.

I measured the the crank and rod journals with a metric mic and, with the bearings installed, used a bore guage to measure the difference of the rods and crank girdle.

So unless I need to recheck my crank and reset my bore guage I'm at .08mm clearance on the crank bearings and (I think, I'm going off memory at the moment) the rod bearings are at .05mm both of which are on the big end of what the the FM says. Technically the crank bearings are too big but the limit is .09 soooooo and it was like 4 in the morning when I was doing this so I'm might be a good idea to recheck.

What is y'all opinions? I was thinking just running it with thicker oil (before the rebuild I ran 10w40 syn blend, if I do just run it I'm gonna use rotella t5 syn blend 15w40. Honestly the only time I'd be worried is it startup.

The topic is now open for discussion.....

is she up and running yet?

Comment

I'm sooooo close.

I ended up with an intire different set because the thrust bearings didn't fit. I tried sanding them but jacked it up in the process. Now I have king rod bearings and acl duraglide main bearings. I stalled the bearings without the crank to check with a dial indicator. I don't remember what it is now but pretty close to what it was with the sealed power ones. Called it good installed the crank and got .06mm thrust clearance.

Now I'm waiting on motor mounts and winishing last tidbits and itll be ready to go back in.

Comment

Btw its running now. I have been driving it for a month. I installed a oil pressure gauge, have no idea what the pressure was before, all seems normal with 10w30.

Comment

Working...
        X