Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i know this is a z31 board but,any of you guys recomend a...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know this is a z31 board but,any of you guys recomend a...

good cam grinder that has experience with the vg30dett?so far i have only found jwt and stealin both of which are extremely proud of their products and wont share specs so i can have them ground by someone else.any help is greatly apprecieated i asked here because of informative responses that come from you guys. thanks
    live fast,drive hard,and enjoy the ride!

why not call schnieder and iskenderian?

Comment

i was going to call schnider monday just looking for more options and to get opinions from people that have used various companies.like turn arround and customer service. thanks for the input

Comment

jwt makes dett cams... but of course I doubt they themselves make them, they are most likely contracted to a major machining outfit, probably like one of the above...

that said, do the det's use the same cams as the later dett ? if they don't then the sheer lack of usdm availability will be a concern, no one here will have experience with them

although any cam shop with the skills can do it, it's possible they'd charge a buttload for the work making the profile if they don't see any future use for it... in their eyes it might be a one-off

somehow I doubt glorias and cimas were as commonly upgraded as the sports cars

Comment

accprding to the numbers cast on the cams they are the same cams as the early vg30dett cams.i think in 93 they changed the snout of the camshaft but thats about it.so i would say they are the same as the usdm dett cams since all the cast in marks and numbers are the same.

Comment

Working...
          X