bosch Recirculation valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bosch Recirculation valve

anyone have any experience with these? assuming its the same one jim wolf sales. completely forgot I had one from a friends vw that he gave me. just curious if anyone had any experience with them. worth the trouble of installing, anything i should be aware of, etc etc. thanks
    1984 300zx Ae Turbo(under repair...)
    1989 240sx rb20(daily driver)

You would plumb it back into the intake after the MAF. Its basically the same thing as a blow off valve, except it puts the air that is released back into the intake instead of venting it to the atmosphere.

When you are in boost and shift with a blow off valve, the engine will run rich for that split second that the air is released into the atmosphere (the injectors are dumping fuel and some air has escaped to compensate for it).

If using a recirculation valve, this situation does not occur.

Comment

MikeZ wrote: You would plumb it back into the intake after the MAF. Its basically the same thing as a blow off valve, except it puts the air that is released back into the intake instead of venting it to the atmosphere.

When you are in boost and shift with a blow off valve, the engine will run rich for that split second that the air is released into the atmosphere (the injectors are dumping fuel and some air has escaped to compensate for it).

If using a recirculation valve, this situation does not occur.
      thanks. I researched abit on the differances(yeah I try to read up before posting. anti-flame?) and liked the idea of the air going back into the intake without the loud blow off noise(there are alot of really loud blow off valves around here, gets old). Jim wolf says it reliable on systems up to 17psi(I run 12). now should i install it like this:

(just a joke, lol)

Comment

:shock: wtf
        1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

"Project'88T" uses a Subaru WRX Recirc. Valve.
          Good till 20-23psi......
          I am here to help...

Comment

hmm didnt even think about the wrx, but i got the bosh for free, so I cant complain

Comment

the bosch ones are available on saabs and audis and vws, dunno if volvo or bmw uses them

Comment

I used one on my car a while back. Worked fine as far as I could tell. Just make sure you recirc it.

Comment

Working...
                X