Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a CarTech water-air intercooler made in 1985-86ish for the 300ZX Turbo. Very few people are aware they even existed... Turbo magazine reviewed it in one of their first (if not the very first) issue they published. If I recall correctly they got very good results out of it, though I'm sure with todays technology you could greatly improve upon it. The nice thing was it retained all stock controls, and aside for a small air valve mod you didn't need to remove a single thing to install it (besides the stock up/charge pipe).

Comment

Working on installing a water/air intercooler this winter. It's a Spearco 2-230 that I got for a pretty good deal! It's out at the welders getting an end tank flipped to fit how I want. I've got everything I need to install it except for a res. tank, hoses, and fittings.

Comment

clean little set up

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

looking at some pictures a toyota water/air intercooler looks as if it would fit up ok,

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 314221.htm

this one is reserve met at $13
          i feel like buying it but im not going to because i have no idea that i would ever use it and the fact that there is a lot i don't know about intercoolers as it is.
          85 Turbo Slick Top
          __________________________________________________ _____

Comment

yeah, air to water is pretty cooo

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

anyone have additional info or pictures for that cartech setup in the first post? that is exactly the setup I've been thinking about building.

Comment

got boost? wrote: anyone have additional info or pictures for that cartech setup in the first post? that is exactly the setup I've been thinking about building.
                Find the first few issues of turbo magazine, or call CarTech and see if anybody there remembers it.

Comment

Working...
                X