Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member in search of HELP

I think what you're dealing with is someone who went to ghetto skool

no oil might mean he drained it, popping off the valvecovers and taking a look will tell you a lot, wiggle the rockers and look for scoring on the camshafts....

if he gave you extra heads he probably intended to replace what's on there, think broken belt, damaged valves, and maybe damaged pistons

do a compression test, leakdown test if you can, try turning it over by hand and feel the tightening loosening of the compression for all 6 cylinders, again feeling this tells you a lot

pull off the water pump and inspect the passage for clogs and mush evident of a headgasket...

standard stuff really

Sounds like it was beat to hell and then maybe run without oil... The first thing to go will always be the bearings if there's no oil pressure; so you may want to pull the main girdle and inspect/plasti-gage the mains and one or two of the rod bearings.

Comment

an oil cap!? i never thought of that... i wonder how much boost it will hold...

the oil in the turbo may be evidence of bad oil seal in the turbo.

fix the injector, no big deal

yeah, i smashed my fpr too, i have a AFPR now. what do you mean you cut the hose off?

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
      good thing....

Comment

I think you know it's time to call some junkyards

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like you may be better off buying a $300 junkyard engine and going from there. Rebuilding it is going to cost a lot more and involve a lot mroe work.

Comment

look for a junked pathfinder and get a vg33 =)
            Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
            I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
            Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

the vg33 block is very similar, the turbo stuff can go on that as well. just work with whatever's convenient for you. But that current engine doesn't sound too good... Yes the VG33 can handle boost just as well as the vg30 can. As far as a T5 boltup I'm not sure.
              Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
              I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
              Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

yea go with the 3.3 .... all the turbo specific stuff on your bad engine will bolt to the 3.3 as well... with slight mods you can have a vg33et and even without intercooling you should be punching out something like 300tq

Comment

Working...
                X