No announcement yet.

blew the engine again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude, I easily pinned my speedometer in my old car. I had a video of me doing it, but I accidentally taped over it with me doing it...lol

anyway, I had a shift light set up to activate at 6800 rpm, in fith gear with the NA trans

i switched to the z32 rear 4.08, tires were 275/50 16's so that makes me sitting at 174mph wich was reached easily btw. that equals 280kph

I was cracking out 24psi intercooled

I'd say at his power level it is absoloutely possible

Is that EGT post turbo? if it is...900F is max sustained I would ever try to reach
    used to have one of the first high horsepower NA to turbo cam'd 7000rpm pavement pounding z31's....now in process of building an LQ9 LS1 6.0L Z31 with all the goodies

Comment

my egt-sensor is before turbo, at the place where normally is the exhaust-recirculation hose. (or how it is correctly called)

Comment

I hit 145 with my old motor which was just bolt ons and 12 psi on the T25. I was paced by a second vehicle to confirm as well. Its totally possible.

I also hit 142 in my NA Z32.
        Originally posted by Andrew84zx
        tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
        545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

shit, i wish i had the balls to take my turbo Z up to speeds above 100 mph, but going based on my past i'd be too afraid of breaking something on top of the fact that i still need an alignment, and a balanced and stronger driveshaft.
          1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo
          Stock Motor w/T3 @ 9.5 psi of boost, raised fuel pressure 7 psi over stock, a tiny bit of timing advancement on the distributor and shorty intake and exhaust.

Comment

Morgenstern wrote: shit, i wish i had the balls to take my turbo Z up to speeds above 100 mph
            No guts, no glory!
            Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
            Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
            http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

Morgenstern wrote: shit, i wish i had the balls to take my turbo Z up to speeds above 100 mph, but going based on my past i'd be too afraid of breaking something on top of the fact that i still need an alignment, and a balanced and stronger driveshaft.
              Wtf? Dont be such a girl, it wont break lol 100mph is nothing...
              http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

@Morgenstern: Haha...100 mph, hey man, USA is the Country of the Quartermile....isn´t it, i would guess most of the cars in that forum make far more than 100mph after a lousy quarter of a mile or after about 13 seconds of slamming :-)

Maybe cars like the good old Ford Model T have been critical to drive at 100mph but not our Zs :-)

Comment

Morgenstern wrote: shit, i wish i had the balls to take my turbo Z up to speeds above 100 mph, but going based on my past i'd be too afraid of breaking something on top of the fact that i still need an alignment, and a balanced and stronger driveshaft.
                  And why do you think you need a new driveshaft? Were the joints "replaced" at one time before?
                  Attached Files
                  Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                  tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                  545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Trick question?
                    Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

I got my 87 NA to 136MPH (high flow cat + CM cat back 2.5, K&N cone)
                      As for my 85T Only got it to 122MPH so far, ran out of road. (same exhaust and filter)

I break 100MPH all the time, it's nothing for a Z.
                      Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                      1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                      2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

Dino wrote: my egt-sensor is before turbo, at the place where normally is the exhaust-recirculation hose. (or how it is correctly called)
                        sorry, was thinking diesels for a sec......but 900F on a gasser is max I'd go
                        used to have one of the first high horsepower NA to turbo cam'd 7000rpm pavement pounding z31's....now in process of building an LQ9 LS1 6.0L Z31 with all the goodies

Comment

I have my egt sensor in my turbine housing.
                          Idle ~800f
                          Cruise @ 70mph ~1150f
                          Cruise @ 100mph ~1300f
                          I have seen as much as 1500 on a pull.
                          This is with a JWT tune.
                          imagination is a virtue

Comment

Yeah, i found out the "speed Limiter" doesn't work on my car. Took it to a 130, with no issues

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Speed limiter is @ 137mph.
                              It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

What.... Frell, i thought it was 127 ops: FASTERRRRRRRRRRR

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                                X