No announcement yet.

blew the engine again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

craZed wrote: I have my egt sensor in my turbine housing.
    Idle ~800f
    Cruise @ 70mph ~1150f
    Cruise @ 100mph ~1300f
    I have seen as much as 1500 on a pull.
    This is with a JWT tune.
    awe fawk then....I have no idea

1250F sustained pre-turbo is all I ever suggest, any hotter and you melt stuff on a diesel although I have pegged my 1500F gauge a few times
    used to have one of the first high horsepower NA to turbo cam'd 7000rpm pavement pounding z31's....now in process of building an LQ9 LS1 6.0L Z31 with all the goodies

Comment

He is recording ~ 1800*f
      From what I have researched that is past the high side.
      imagination is a virtue

Comment

Maybe there is a pathfinder or truck that came with a high rear-end ratio. Changing the gearing seams to be an important factor here, i think. The RPMs are going to murder that poor engine...
        My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
        My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
        207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

I have a 3.54 from my AE sitting around. I need a 3.70 or better yet, 3.90....
          BLOZ UP.com
          It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

@bloz up:....overseas shipping is quite costy i think....diffs are heavy

@az4u2c: i think you are right, gearing is an important factor to solve my problem, do you think the pathys or trucks have had the same diffs as z31? The axle-construction are completely different i would guess

@crazed: yes, i had 1000 fahrenheit for a long time. Last year, before switching to bigger injectors i had even more with the stock turbo. Curiously the turbo survived, although it has made 220.000km it is still ok.

@all: Do the USA-Spec Z31 have that wing-mount oil cooler like the euro-spec-version?

Comment

Dino wrote: @crazed: yes, i had 1000 fahrenheit for a long time. Last year, before switching to bigger injectors i had even more with the stock turbo. Curiously the turbo survived, although it has made 220.000km it is still ok.
              1000 F or 1000 C?
              1000 C = ~1800 F.
              I would be extremely worried to see 1800 F from my engine,
              especialy with stock pistons and valves.

Dino wrote:
              @all: Do the USA-Spec Z31 have that wing-mount oil cooler like the euro-spec-version?
              In USA only turbo automatics have an oilcooler with is mounted in the right hand finder well.
              imagination is a virtue

Comment

All i could find out was that V6 4x4 D21 Hardbody Nissan puckups had r200 difs in the front axles. I was not able to figure out what ratios they had. I suspect, being a truck, they are 4.11s or lower. Maybe somebody one here knows for sure.

Even a 3.54 would help you out a lot though, time to scroung around for an 84-86T diff.

Also, Have you considered running higher profile tires? I know it may not look all that great, and it may have adverse effects on your handling, but switching to a 225/60 instead of 225/50 should yeild another 10mph if i'm not mistaken. I would check on your tires anyway, there's no way i'd trust mine at that kind of speed (i have cheap tires).
                My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
                My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
                207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

Comment

Stinky built a transmission with a taller 5th gear.
                  imagination is a virtue

Comment

Working...
                  X