No announcement yet.

Hose Temp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my stock gauge must under read what it is, because even when it shows that it is near 270 (at 250) the overflow tank isn't going nuts or anything

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

300zxt wrote: 12 psi is hardly the motors "razor edge" but more the limit of the stock fuel system and efficiency of the stock turbo...
      Its not even near the limits of the stock fuel.
      " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
      LaterZ

Comment

what i meant by "razors edge" is that would be the point where you could potentially start breaking things on the stock fuel system, and keeping in mind we're talking about my STOCK motor 12 PSI wouldn't be something safe to push on 93 oct. without an intercooler atleast even if you can push the car that much. just 'cause you can stretch something REALLY far doesn't mean you should which all of you probably already know, and AGAIN i mentioned grabbing the hose as a method of getting a GENERAL FUCKING IDEA to how hot the water is going into the motor knowing all well that the water's going to be HOT anyways. but if you have a good working radiator you should be able to grip the radiator hose for atleast 3-6 seconds before releasing your grip due to heat. and i've always been able to do that with my previous motors on my new radiator. but atleast this once READ EVERYTHING i'm trying to point at and not just that i'm trying to test the temperature of the car "redneck style."
        1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo
        Stock Motor w/T3 @ 9.5 psi of boost, raised fuel pressure 7 psi over stock, a tiny bit of timing advancement on the distributor and shorty intake and exhaust.

Comment

How about running that red z, and then grab its hose.That should give you the idea you are looking for.
          imagination is a virtue

Comment

craZed wrote: How about running that red z, and then grab its hose.That should give you the idea you are looking for.
            That's mine and I've already shown him that example.
            Originally posted by Andrew84zx
            tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
            545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

[quote]RedBeauty84ZX wrote:
              Originally posted by 300zxt
              12 psi is hardly the motors "razor edge" but more the limit of the stock fuel system and efficiency of the stock turbo...

WRONG!

"The stock fuel system can only support roughly 12-14PSI of boost pressure (using a stock T3) before the air to fuel ratio (AFR) rises to an unsafe level."

http://www.redz31.com/turbofaq/turbo.faq.htm

I didn't pull it from my ass...
              http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

that's what i said, the stock system can only handle 12 psi SAFELY before worrying about shit, and that's if you've got a decent motor. i wasn't trying to disprove you.
                1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo
                Stock Motor w/T3 @ 9.5 psi of boost, raised fuel pressure 7 psi over stock, a tiny bit of timing advancement on the distributor and shorty intake and exhaust.

Comment

[quote]300zxt wrote: [quote=RedBeauty84ZX]
                  12 psi is hardly the motors "razor edge" but more the limit of the stock fuel system and efficiency of the stock turbo...

WRONG!

"The stock fuel system can only support roughly 12-14PSI of boost pressure (using a stock T3) before the air to fuel ratio (AFR) rises to an unsafe level."

There are a lot of other factors you have to consider. The stock fuel pump and injectors can support close to 300 RWHP. Raidon dynoed at 276 RWHP on his STOCK T3 on STOCK fuel NO intercooler and 18 PSI
                  545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

[quote]300zxt wrote: [quote=RedBeauty84ZX]

WRONG!

My brother ran 15+PSI for a while on his stock 9:1 engine with a bigger then stock turbo, 0 fuel issues. Many other people have ran even higher boost then that without any issues. Trust me, the stock T3 is out of breath before the stock fuel will have any issues.
                    " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
                    LaterZ

Comment

My brother ran 15+PSI for a while
                      yeah and after that he popped a head gasket didn't he?
                      1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo

Comment

Morgenstern wrote:
                        Right, but that has nothing to do with the stock fuel being at its limits. In fact, its really just a testament to the strength of the stock motor.
                        545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Morgenstern wrote:
                          No he was pushing closer to 18PSI when he blew his head gasket on his 9:1 engine.
                          LaterZ

Comment

I challenge you to put a EGT and wideband on and find out exactly how bad running over 14psi can be with a stock fuel system. Regardless, the safe maximum is well below that amount of airflow the T3 turbocharger can manage.

Comment

exactly, the stock fuel system (without upping the fuel presure) will not support more than 12 psi without causing damage (wether small or big). you MUST upgrade to a FPR, and up the fuel pressure, and mount a front mount intercooler to boost towards 12-14 psi before making more heat than power. *shrugs*
                              1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: I challenge you to put a EGT and wideband on and find out exactly how bad running over 14psi can be with a stock fuel system. Regardless, the safe maximum is well below that amount of airflow the T3 turbocharger can manage.
                                At 15psi the lambda meter reads full rich through out the RPM range with no tuning. The car has 0 fuel issues and runs just fine. This is also on a 9:1 engine, on a 8.3 or even a 7.8 like what Morgenstern has it would even be easier...
                                LaterZ

Comment

Working...
                                X