No announcement yet.

Hose Temp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zach, regardless of compression HEAT IS HEAT! i don't care if you found a way to run a 5.4:1 compression motor and turbocharged it, HEAT IS HEAT! above 10 psi you're on the "razor's edge" and asking for trouble on stock inj., and without a FMIC, or tuning of the FPR. :mrgreen:
    1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo
    Stock Motor w/T3 @ 9.5 psi of boost, raised fuel pressure 7 psi over stock, a tiny bit of timing advancement on the distributor and shorty intake and exhaust.

Comment

It could be detonating like hell and you're not hearing it aswell...
      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Morgenstern wrote: Zach, regardless of compression HEAT IS HEAT! i don't care if you found a way to run a 5.4:1 compression motor and turbocharged it, HEAT IS HEAT! above 10 psi you're on the "razor's edge" and asking for trouble on stock inj., and without a FMIC, or tuning of the FPR. :mrgreen:
        If the charged air becomes too hot then forcing more air into the engine would be inefficient. The T3 will be in that inefficient state before it can force enough condensed air into the combustion chamber to rival the stock fuel output.
        " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
        LaterZ

Comment

300zxt wrote: It could be detonating like hell and you're not hearing it aswell...
          The car has 0 detonation issues.
          " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
          LaterZ

Comment

Look, I've got an Autometer A/F off my stock Titania sensor and I'm running 12 psi right now and It runs VERY rich under WOT. I can put a video up if no one believes me. I've also had Chuck's wideband on my car and Brent can verify that my car was running full rich under WOT with 93 octane. What's so hard to believe about this?
            Originally posted by Andrew84zx
            tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
            545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

RedBeauty84ZX wrote: At 15psi the lambda meter reads full rich through out the RPM range with no tuning. The car has 0 fuel issues and runs just fine.

A couple things you should all understand:

1. A narrowband sensor is a completely useless device for tuning. Take it out and throw it away. It can measure only ratios very close to stoich and hence will always read rich even when the engine is as lean as a 13.0AFR (which is dangerously
              lean).

2. Even if the engine runs fine and has no detonation at a given AFR, it still may not be considered safe. There are more variables you are looking right over.

Comment

RedBeauty84ZX wrote: If the charged air becomes too hot then forcing more air into the engine would be inefficient. The T3 will be in that inefficient state before it can force enough condensed air into the combustion chamber to rival the stock fuel output.
                This is true, but consider that efficiency drops off and does not hit a brick wall. The fueling does hit that proverbial "wall".

Comment

well all i'm saying, is that i'm not boosting over 10 psi without a front mount and adjustable FPR. only with those two things, and the tuning of a WIDEBAND A/F system will i push 12-14 psi.
                  1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo
                  Stock Motor w/T3 @ 9.5 psi of boost, raised fuel pressure 7 psi over stock, a tiny bit of timing advancement on the distributor and shorty intake and exhaust.

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
                    Originally posted by RedBeauty84ZX
                    At 15psi the lambda meter reads full rich through out the RPM range with no tuning. The car has 0 fuel issues and runs just fine.
                    A couple things you should all understand:

1. A narrowband sensor is a completely useless device for tuning. Take it out and throw it away. It can measure only ratios very close to stoich and hence will always read rich even when the engine is as lean as a 13.0AFR (which is dangerously
                    Originally posted by RedBeauty84ZX
                    lean).

2. Even if the engine runs fine and has no detonation at a given AFR, it still may not be considered safe. There are more variables you are looking right over.
                    +1 on the narrow band only reading very close to stoich. useless unless cruising.

also doesn't the computer run in open loop when under full throtle ignoring what the o2 sensor is saying and just dumping as much fuel as possible therefore always reading rich rich rich when at WOT?
                    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

also doesn't the computer run in open loop when under full throtle ignoring what the o2 sensor is saying and just dumping as much fuel as possible therefore always reading rich rich rich when at WOT?
                      you can't just rely on the fuel to cool the motor with the turbo producing as much HEAT as it does with the more air it's compressing, hince the need for a FMIC, better fuel pressure, etc.
                      1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo

Comment

Morgenstern wrote:
                        you can't just rely on the fuel to cool the motor with the turbo producing as much HEAT as it does with the more air it's compressing, hince the need for a FMIC, better fuel pressure, etc.
                        No, what I'm saying is, You said that the afr guage reads rich rich rich. isnt that because in the instalation instructions of the afr guage, it says that on cars that run in open loop at WOT the guage will always read rich even when you could be dangerously lean?

I'm not saying that using fuel is a good way to keep your block cool. thats like saying advance your timing a lot to keep your block cool.

Comment

actually i mentioned nothing of the sort...
                          Attached Files
                          1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo

Comment

Morgenstern wrote: actually i mentioned nothing of the sort...
                            dammit that must me being an idiot again and reading somone elses post thinking that its not the person it is. oops, uhhhh yeah sorry bout that ops:

edit, sorry that was redbeauty and flawlez

either way I agree that you cant rely on dumping lots of fuel as a method to keep the block cool, but redbeauty and flawlez are saying that its rich as hell when the only reason it says that is cause the computer is saying dump lots of fuel.

this is a little off topic now

Comment

well everyone keeps talking like you can push 10-12 psi without any modifications to your fuel system at all, or adding any source of cooling. i mean sure you CAN do it, but that doesn't mean it's safe. shit i could jump off a 50 ft. cliff into a lake and survive, since most people have done it, but doesn't mean that something can't happen. you know what i'm sayin'??
                              1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: It can measure only ratios very close to stoich and hence will always read rich even when the engine is as lean as a 13.0AFR (which is dangerously lean).
                                Thanks for that info.
                                I've never heard it explained in #s like that.
                                It's always hearsayers wanting to flame someone saying they
                                aren't precise without actually saying how far off they actually are.
                                Attached Files
                                imagination is a virtue

Comment

Working...
                                X