No announcement yet.

Hose Temp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morgenstern wrote: well everyone keeps talking like you can push 10-12 psi without any modifications to your fuel system at all, or adding any source of cooling. i mean sure you CAN do it, but that doesn't mean it's safe. shit i could jump off a 50 ft. cliff into a lake and survive, since most people have done it, but doesn't mean that something can't happen. you know what i'm sayin'??
    Yes, one of the ultimate tuning tools is a wide band. or if one is capable of just grabbing their hose to see if the car is hot, THEN while at full throttle that same person could just reach out the window put their hand over the exhaust and smell their hand to see if they are running rich. :shock:
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
      Originally posted by Morgenstern
      well everyone keeps talking like you can push 10-12 psi without any modifications to your fuel system at all, or adding any source of cooling. i mean sure you CAN do it, but that doesn't mean it's safe. shit i could jump off a 50 ft. cliff into a lake and survive, since most people have done it, but doesn't mean that something can't happen. you know what i'm sayin'??
      Yes, one of the ultimate tuning tools is a wide band. or if one is capable of just grabbing their hose to see if the car is hot, THEN while at full throttle that same person could just reach out the window put their hand over the exhaust and smell their hand to see if they are running rich. :shock:
      lol!...

Comment

ok, so i admit the hose idea was a BAD idea. sue me. :x
        1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo
        Stock Motor w/T3 @ 9.5 psi of boost, raised fuel pressure 7 psi over stock, a tiny bit of timing advancement on the distributor and shorty intake and exhaust.

Comment

SATAN wrote: [ THEN while at full throttle that same person could just reach out the window put their hand over the exhaust and smell their hand to see if they are running rich. :shock:
          Hellyea, I have a high temp vac hose coming from my exhaust into the cabin that I clip to my nose just for that purpose.
          Dont hate. 8)
          imagination is a virtue

Comment

[quote]craZed wrote:
            Originally posted by SATAN
            [ THEN while at full throttle that same person could just reach out the window put their hand over the exhaust and smell their hand to see if they are running rich. :shock:
            Hellyea, I have a high temp vac hose coming from my exhaust into the cabin that I clip to my nose just for that purpose.
            Dont hate. 8)
            Its all so clear what is wrong with generation x(or there about) now!!!! :wink:

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote: [quote=craZed]
              Originally posted by SATAN
              [ THEN while at full throttle that same person could just reach out the window put their hand over the exhaust and smell their hand to see if they are running rich. :shock:
              Dont hate. 8)
              Its all so clear what is wrong with generation x(or there about) now!!!! :wink:
              LOL!
              imagination is a virtue

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
                Originally posted by Morgenstern
                also doesn't the computer run in open loop when under full throtle ignoring what the o2 sensor is saying and just dumping as much fuel as possible therefore always reading rich rich rich when at WOT?
                you can't just rely on the fuel to cool the motor with the turbo producing as much HEAT as it does with the more air it's compressing, hince the need for a FMIC, better fuel pressure, etc.
                No, what I'm saying is, You said that the afr guage reads rich rich rich. isnt that because in the instalation instructions of the afr guage, it says that on cars that run in open loop at WOT the guage will always read rich even when you could be dangerously lean?

I'm not saying that using fuel is a good way to keep your block cool. thats like saying advance your timing a lot to keep your block cool.
                That was me that was saying my car ran rich at WOT. And my car runs rich all the time anyway. I don't even have my O2 hooked up to my ECU because its really only for gas mileage purposes when you're at sustained speeds for a consistent period of time. When the ECU doesn't detect an O2 reading at all, it runs rich. This is obviously safer anyway.

Why would the guage read full rich when its dangerously lean? That doesn't even make sense. So, that would mean the O2 (or the guage) doesn't work at all.
                Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

You drive your car without an O2 sensor? You're joking right?
                  http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

300zxt wrote: You drive your car without an O2 sensor? You're joking right?
                    It's in the stock location. Remove yours sometime. You'd be quite surprised at how VERY LITTLE of an impact it has on the performance of your car.
                    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

I know what the 02 sensor is for, sure running rich wont cause any damage and it's better to run rich than it is to run lean but you cant really debate the fact that a perfect air/fuel ratio is better than too much of one or the other.
                      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

300zxt wrote: I know what the 02 sensor is for, sure running rich wont cause any damage and it's better to run rich than it is to run lean but you cant really debate the fact that a perfect air/fuel ratio is better than too much of one or the other.
                        I never said I did. Unfortunately right now the way I have my O2 wired to my gauge it gets an accurate reading to the gauge of my exhaust temperatures, but it I can't plug it into the EFI harness. The car actually adjusts quite well and when cruising it leans out just enough to be in the stoich/rich.
                        545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

Yes unplugging your o2 sensor make the car run rich all the time. it is a safety thing the computer does. what I said earlier "the stock o2 sensor is just for cruising" or somthing like that.

listen to what jason said. the stock o2 sensor reads from about 13.7:1 to about 15.7:1. unless you are inbetween those points the air fuel ratio guage will read either fully rich or fully lean. So. if you are running 12psi and running at 13.7:1 that is dangerously lean even though your sensor that you are trusting is telling you that you are rich.

Technically you are running rich if your target was stoich. but at WOT its not

Comment

so have we decided that pulling the plug on the O2 wire is a "BAD" idea, or an "OKAY" idea?
                            1984 2+2 Conv. to Turbo
                            Stock Motor w/T3 @ 9.5 psi of boost, raised fuel pressure 7 psi over stock, a tiny bit of timing advancement on the distributor and shorty intake and exhaust.

Comment

Redbeauty said,
                              "That was me that was saying my car ran rich at WOT. And my car runs rich all the time anyway. I don't even have my O2 hooked up to my ECU because its really only for gas mileage purposes when you're at sustained speeds for a consistent period of time. When the ECU doesn't detect an O2 reading at all, it runs rich. This is obviously safer anyway."

So if the stock computer ignores what the o2 sensor is saying at full throttle why would you unplug it? this just causes you to run rich all the time even when there is no need to, like just cruizing(just like you said). you could be saving a little fuel and keep your plugs from possibly fouling out a little earlier. I

Is it safer really? NO. BECAUSE the computer ignores the o2 sensor at WOT anyways.

Will it hurt anything? possibly your gas milage and cause fouling a little sooner. nothing major.

Comment

yeah, and crappy ass low idle

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                                X