Anybody with 280/270 .450/.440 (schneider regrin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody with 280/270 .450/.440 (schneider regrin

Does anybody have these cams in their car. Just wondering how much vacuum it will be at idle with/without airco and if there are cooling/overheating issue's and the powerband of those cams. Im trying to decide between the 270/262 .440"/.420 and the above cams. There is info about the 270's but none that I know of about the 280's. Thanks
    Enroute to 500hp.

Re: Anybody with 280/270 .450"/.440" (schneider re

luck with the car :wink:

Comment

You are talking about duration and lift. Since the stock and even mildly ported heads do not increase in flow much past 440, consider the duration number to be effectively larger than listed. Also it might be argued that cams with a higher lift put more strain on the stock valve train than was initially designed for. Wilder cams, chosen to increase the breathing of poor flowing heads mite do exactly this. I won't argue this, since I don't have a clue how much of a factor this would be. I personally like the 440/420 cams thou. The difference in performance mite be negligable but the endurance or dependability of the engine mite be compromised especially if you increase your redline to 7000 which seems to be a common goal.

Comment

For yourself, I don't think you are going to notice the difference between those two grinds except for idle quality. The 270 duration grind will give a managable idle while still delivering that topend power people are looking for. I would probably run a grind similar to that in a fully-built race engine, but not a budget-built street car.

Comment

Thanks, I think I will go with the 270 grind.
          Enroute to 500hp.

Comment

Working...
          X