X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• togofaster1126
    replied
    So im stuck on the power steering pump on my vg33 swap. i have the vg33 with a quest crank pulley and have already figured out the alternator and water pump belt setup now im struggling on the power steering pump. Problem is my z31 power steering pump is a v belt pulley and i need a ribbed pulley. I have local junk yards i can pick from but does anyone know what ribbed power steering pump pulley will fit a z31 power steering pump? Ive already tried an xterra, maxima and sentra with no luck the spline on them is to large. I cant just use the xterra pump because the center is to wide and wont allow the z31 brackets to be used on the pump. I was wondering what you guys did when coming across this issue. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Geoffs86zx
    replied
    questions here that relate without thread jacking
    http://z31performance.com/showthread...937#post375937

Leave a comment:

• amreboot
    replied
    dude... you're kind of overthinking this whole thing.

The VG33 CHTS was on the waterneck.
    Use the z31 VG30 CHTS in the factory location. The threaded port is there.
    You match the accessories to whatever crank and crank pulley you're running.
    If you swapped to the VG30 stuff, then use all VG30 stuff.

You need to literally throw away all VG33 stuff except for block and heads.

Leave a comment:

• soysauce300zx
    replied
    Alright thankyou amreboot your the man that makes things easy enough. Im just gonna give my distributor a little overhaul while i have it out. Ive been looking all night for a Cylinder head temp sensor on this 1996 vg33 and cant find one anywhere. Ive tried looking looking online for a location on a 1996 pathfinder vg33 and im not sure it even has one. If my vg33 doesn't have a CHTS im wondering if i should just leave the connector going to my Z31 ECU disconnected? All i know is my old vg30 has a bad CHTS and it made it run pretty crappy sometimes unitill i changed it, so im hoping this wont be to big of an issue on the vg33.
    I'm loving this vg33 swap more and more. Plus i got a good early pathy engine, a 1996 that has a pre drilled turbo oil feed hole. Oh and before i forget this pathy engines crank pulley has a v belt nearest to the engine like in the pic below. I have yet to see a pulley like that until i picked this engine up haha. I'm hoping it might make life easy if i can just use my z31 alternator. Ill find out in a few days when i go to do my final mock up for the belts and accessories. Either way i have a Nissan Exterra alternator with the ribbed belt pulley that if all else fails i can figure something to do with that. I'm just not sure if the Exterra alternator is much better then the z31. I know the Maxima's alternators are worth swapping just not the Exterra.

rsz_20160123_001157.jpgrsz_20160123_001202.jpg

Leave a comment:

• amreboot
    replied
    Yes. That mounting plate.
    Throw away the entire vg33 distributor. Use everything from the vg30.
    The timing alignment is exactly the same.

Leave a comment:

• soysauce300zx
    replied
    k sweet little tired but should i just match up the vg30e dist housing and rotor/input shaft location to the existing vg33 distributor. Or should i just start over and find top dead center with the new distributor? Also im about positive i know what you mean by top plate but maybe for someone elses use, i circled the part in the image below in this link below. https://www.google.com/search?q=vg33...UYlSwPFHcwM%3A

maxresdefault1.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• amreboot
    replied
    Z31 distributor. Change the mount plate from vg33 to vg30

Leave a comment:

• soysauce300zx
    replied
    So im doing a swap and i was wondering what you guys did for distributors? I would just use the vg33 dist but i have no idea have to wire that up to my z31 ECU or harness. Is it possible to just swap my vg30e distributor into the vg33 and that's that? or am i being to hopeful haha.
    I would check my self but im in the middle of a timing belt change so im focusing on that plus if i can use my z31 distrubtor i was going to order a new rotor and cap asap so my last batch of parts arrive on the same time frame for finishing time. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• oopziboozted
    replied
    good reads...cant wait to start my swap!

Leave a comment:

• 88sinZ
    replied
    Building on that, if you feed from the oil galley plug use a 18" to 21" line for the stock turbo location

Leave a comment:

• ZEricMZ
    replied
    You can either use the oil filter housing as a feed (take out the oil pressure switch on the housing, run feed line and use the VG30's factory oil pressure sensor location for sensor) OR you can take out one of the plugs on the block and use an -AN fitting in that to run your line. The latter is the route I chose to go.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X