somthing to look into when gapping your rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet it FLYS!!!!!!
    Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

since that looks like it is in a 510, i bet it does

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

with a vacuum advance distibutor!

I wonder how that would work on efi ...

Comment

TODD03412 wrote:
          I bet it FLYS!!!!!!
          BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! I NEVER KNEW!!!!!

Either way, carburation is obsolete. and anything that came with a carburator is (FINE) fine meaning "it works". would I consider it good? not by a long shot. with a carburator you can only tune for a VERY small range of conditions with EFI you can tune for damn near anything mother nature can throw at you. damn near. I suppose you would have to do a cold start of like 1:1 in order to start a car in anarctica. just kidding.
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote:
            Either way, carburation is obsolete. and anything that came with a carburator is (FINE) fine meaning "it works". would I consider it good? not by a long shot. with a carburator you can only tune for a VERY small range of conditions with EFI you can tune for damn near anything mother nature can throw at you. damn near. I suppose you would have to do a cold start of like 1:1 in order to start a car in anarctica. just kidding.

Just a little addition...

I don't think anybody who is informed on the subject is going to even attempt to argue the case for carburetors (especially not on here). They are just simply obsolete mechanical components we have replaced with better and much more precise electronics. Anybody saying otherwise is an idiot. The ONLY area they win outright is cost/performance ratio. People use carbs because they are CHEAP. Not necessarily the people, but the carbs themselves are cheap to buy, cheap to tune and work remarkably well after over 100 years of perfection.

OEM EFI has gone to levels I didn't even think possible, and I believe it will continue to do so. Some people think adaptive timing and other self-learning parameters are 'advanced' functions (both of which old Z31 ECCS does not have), but I have seen a control system that literally tunes out cam lope and idle fluctuation.
            It took 3 engineers the better part of 2 years to get it right, but a certain 400+hp OEM cam in block engine (with cams in the neighborhood of 285 degrees and .550" lift) went from loping like a street rod to idling like a new honda civic from ONLY changes to the engine management system. That speaks volumes to me.

Comment

Working...
            X