i found some cast exhaust manifolds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i found some cast exhaust manifolds.

i am trying to get my business together. while searching through some vender catalogs i found a set of turbo-cast manifolds that go on the pathfinder 3.3L vg33. i don't have any pictures of them. i'll try to get some tomarrow. they have a T3 Turbo mount on them and an external wastegate bolt on position. the MSRP on these is about $700.

these are from a very high quality manufacturer.

would anyone be interested in these. i don't have much data on these yet. but if there is interest i can get these and sell them.

how many would be interested?

This is an interesting find depending on were they have the turbo located

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

i emailed the company just now to find out where the turbo is located.

i can't believe i found this. i am very curious about them. hopefully i can get pictures from them really soon.

Comment

cant get an idea of how the turbo will sit by comparing to a set of vg30et manifolds? shapes simular at all?
        1984 300zx Ae Turbo(under repair...)
        1989 240sx rb20(daily driver)

Comment

dude, I dont want to blow ur shit up but they have been available for a while. but since you are on to making money for yourself. I'll let you go and do your thing.
          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

just asking here. not trying to be an arse.

i've never seen anyone talk about these. if you know the ones i am talking about SATAN. are they worth it. give us some specs. i don't want to waste peoples time. and not my own. i thought maybe these might be something.

if you have some specs please post up.

i'm trying to do something while i'm going to school. my setup if very simple. all my parts i sell are drop shipped from the warehouse. i take in money and have the parts sent out. my costs are very low. internet and phone and ebay. i thought it would be fun and something i love, cars and performance.

so if the part is junk i won't sell it.

Comment

I'm interested... to learn more. Turbo location, wastegate port etc...
              Started with Datsuns and L engines, Mikuni carbs. Now a 1968 Datsun 510: 2200lbs, RWD, IRS, 50:50wt. f/r

spy a VG30et.. a VG30ET 510?

Tube frame "done".
              12/10: Interior sheetmetal, firewall done. Fuel + brake plumbing "done". Pulled it all out again to finish the "chassis". Briefly, it drove, then back to the shop.
              1/11: rotisserie built: car BELLY UP
              Will now attempt an aero underbody - best keep it simple!! I have no windtunnel

Comment

from the idiot i talked to on the phone.

it is one manifold that mounts on either side of the engine. location of the turbo would be stock. and the other bank of cylinders is supposed to bolt up. he didn't have any pictures and i haven't found any on the internet.

Comment

doesn't sound very good. but i will try to find out more.

Comment

Yes, it works just like the Z31 turbo manifold. it's the same passenger side manifold and crossover pipe NA or turbo, and the only thing that changes is the drivers side manifold that collects both sides and feeds the turbo.
                    1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

someone was putting together kits of pipe sections and flanges for home-made manifolds.... the only thing you'd have to do is have them welded

they were for ca and l series motors but the same idea would probably be feasible, and the kits were sub-$200

Comment

uhh... wouldn't these be great for a TT setup leaving the stock on the drivers side and putting these on the passenger side using the stock crossover pipe?
                        Funny stories!

Comment

that would be pretty cool. for max power. a smaller turbo for lower rpm and then a huge turbo for top end. no more turbo lag. :wink:

Comment

84z31 wrote: that would be pretty cool. for max power. a smaller turbo for lower rpm and then a huge turbo for top end. no more turbo lag. :wink:
                            actually.... if you kept the crossover pipe... you wouldn't really have to worry about an unbalanced exhaust either because (given that the smaller turbo is on the driver's side) exhaust gas could flowe from the driver's side to the passenger side freely....

Not quite sure how big of a turbo you could spool with the larger one though considering that you're already spooling one turbo. I'm not sure how you'd keep the smaller turbo in its effeciency range though.
                            Funny stories!

Comment

true. i was thinking more along the lines of a straight six.

you would have to calculate exhaust flow and then pick your turbos accordingly. with two turbos there would be less back pressure on the engine as well. exhaust routing would be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X