I just joined the Holset Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya think? that could possibly be the understatement of the year
    live fast,drive hard,and enjoy the ride!

Comment

they are lots of fun, that is for sure. i got mine for 150 and it is in near perfect condition. :lol:

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

Comment

tlmaniac wrote: ya think? that could possibly be the understatement of the year
        Actually... don't look at the housing, but rather the compressor wheel. It really doesn't look way bigger, but it is a little larger. an HX35 or HY35 is not a big turbo. It is a mild upgrade. You can make good power on it, but there is so much more you can make. My hx35 feels too responsive and doesn't pull like I want at the big end.

A holset turbo is a good start, but don't expect the world out of a 54mm turbo.
        86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

Comment

zmech wrote: Zdaddy, are you sure that is an hx?
            I thought the hx had the extra three holes inside the intake for the map width enhancement. It would seem that yours is similar to mine and it is an H1C or something similar.
            you mean the anti-surge housing? that sure looks like it ...

Comment

Comment

how the fuck does that thing fit in the stock location?its huge
                87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: how the fuck does that thing fit in the stock location?its huge
                  Carefully and tightly!

Comment

[quote]zmech wrote: [quote=2+2turbo]
                    Originally posted by zmech
                    Zdaddy, are you sure that is an hx?
                    I thought the hx had the extra three holes inside the intake for the map width enhancement. It would seem that yours is similar to mine and it is an H1C or something similar.
                    you mean the anti-surge housing? that sure looks like it ...
                    No. I mean the MAP WIDTH ENHANCEMENT housing that has the three holes in the intake of the turbo like the one on the right. You can see the the three slots or holes cut into the intake portion.

Those arent holes. Those are slots for the silencer ring which come on some cummins with the HX in order to reduce the sound of the spoolup. Mine is definatetly an HX35W, I guess the plates arent clear on the picture. The one you have pictured looks like an HX35..not the W...ie mine comes with the wastegate, and the one you have pictured is none wastegated. Both have the slots you are referring to, but they arent holes...just slots. Any holset guy here with an HX35W can verify mine is one just by looking at it. I was very careful in buying this, I downloaded lots and lots of pictures of HX35/W's in order to be able to recognize them on ebay, especially if it was listed as "unknown" because of missing plates. In my case, it was just a stupid chick selling a turbo whom had no idea what she had. :twisted:
                    http://www.vgpowered.com
                    Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Ha Ha, that is like what i did with my first Z. Guy just got a BMW, had no use for is crappy old Z, sold it to me for 300 bucks, Drove it, loved it, found a black z with a 5 speed, sold the red one for 1200bucks.
                      Seems like thats the way to go ay...

I bought a VN Commodore ages ago, gave it absolute hell. Paid $500 for it, few months later sold it for $1700. Only thing I ever did was replace a radiator.

1985' 2+2 Z31 Non Turbo...
                      1986' 2+2 Z31 Turbo...

Comment

Comment

IM thinking about bidding on this one here-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USED-CUM ... dZViewItem

but i see that the lip on the compressor housing is chipped. . . its not fked isit? says the cartridge lip is deteriorated too. . .but for 100 bucks, you think i could take it to a good welder and have them fix in the lip?

Comment

Maybe... but that chip... looks like a big missing section!

Comment

Working...
                            X