Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Audio/Audio-video clips of VG engines with lope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Audio/Audio-video clips of VG engines with lope!

Whaddup guys,

Man I would be in debt to some of the members here if I could get some audio clips of your VG engine/s that have a mild or wild idle lope!

The reason I ask is that one of the final parts I plan on adding to what will be my VG6ET(VG33ET for now) is cams. I've still got the stock VG33E cams. They're so small that it's almost a crime that Nissan sold those engines until 2004 build year in N/A trim.

ANyway, I keep coming back to JWT#2 cams that are sinfully expensive like most everything nowdays in the *performance* world. JWT Says *mild* lope but that's so damn subjective. The Schiender Re-grinds are a sweet deal but they don't have the grind I'm looking for.

Also, I was going to put those or the NIssan MotorSports #2 Cams in my 1994 Pathfinder but I'm not putting any more money into that N/A 4x4 until I'm 100% sure if it'll be emissions legal and tolerable for a Daily Driven truck with a LOpe.

So If anyone has a clip with those exact grinds or something similar I'd TRULY appreciate it. Their's gotta be some cam grinders that have the exact specs of the JWT cams but I haven't found em yet.

TIA
    Ucked Fup!!!

The lope on my cams is managable... the schneider 270-62H would be very similar to the JWT S2 grind in lope...

I can take some video clips with my camera but they will be stupid quicktime format. The best I can describe it as is about like they did. The car won't act like it's going to stall, but it will lopelope a bit below 1000rpm.

Call schneider and ask if you can request a custom grind. Personally I think their grinds seem better matched for our heads and a turbocharged application than JWT's.

Comment

Hey bro - Thankyou for chimming in with your time. Time is money and I never seem to have enough of either...hehe.

I agree about a better match for turbo applications( from my more limited experience). All the expensive fresh cams from Nismo,Nissan,NissanMotorsports & JWT seem excellent for someone trying to squeeze more HP out of a N/A VG engine but I don't think most of those grinds are the ideal match for a highly boosted engine. Bigger isn't always better as you surely know but it's truly sinfull how small the cams are that I pulled out of my VG33E!

Cams are one of the last things that are going into the top end of my VG33E going into my Silvia and I don't wanna regret my decision.

Turbo and Cam selections can make or break your engine project and as such require serious research @ the least and prefferably serious experience to boot. I'm not worried about emissions as even that dude that did Project Pathfinder(Morepower) said he passed Cali Emissions with a mild lope. NM isn't nearly as bad as Cali but I don't wanna end up with a street driven hotrod that bugs the crap outta me @ Idle.

Peace
      Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

VG36ET wrote: Hey bro - Thankyou for chimming in with your time. Time is money and I never seem to have enough of either...hehe.

I agree about a better match for turbo applications( from my more limited experience). All the expensive fresh cams from Nismo,Nissan,NissanMotorsports & JWT seem excellent for someone trying to squeeze more HP out of a N/A VG engine but I don't think most of those grinds are the ideal match for a highly boosted engine. Bigger isn't always better as you surely know but it's truly sinfull how small the cams are that I pulled out of my VG33E!

Cams are one of the last things that are going into the top end of my VG33E going into my Silvia and I don't wanna regret my decision.

Turbo and Cam selections can make or break your engine project and as such require serious research @ the least and prefferably serious experience to boot. I'm not worried about emissions as even that dude that did Project Pathfinder(Morepower) said he passed Cali Emissions with a mild lope. NM isn't nearly as bad as Cali but I don't wanna end up with a street driven hotrod that bugs the crap outta me @ Idle.

Peace
        unless you pay for a custom set of cams though you are stuck with whats out there.

Where at in NM do you live? I can only assume that you are either a member or at least know about RSW racingsouthwest.com? If you are a member who do you post as? Not too many z31 people on the dub.
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

http://www.untraceable.org/z/whitey/

theres s2 cams from schnider or wtf ever.
          ps. the cams shook the car at idle... 800rpm that is. I increased idle to 1k warm and no shaking

-Jon
          Daily:
          09 2.5SL Altima Grey
          08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
          11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
          Z31s:
          88t Grey
          86t Pewter

Comment

All my previous experiences with the VG30et have been with advancing or retarding the stock grind until recently.
            The most recent experience is with the same grind Jason is mentioning that he uses(270-62H).
            *The cam grind is Killer, the engine is day and night different than compared to stock. The engine revs alot snappier and under acceleration, you can tell that the meat of the torque is where I would expect it to be(with advancing the cams 3 degrees).
            The idle is acceptable, the lope is just like it is explained, slight roughness at the stock idle rpm. The issue is easily over come by increasing the idle a hundred rpm or so and the result is hardly noticeable when compared to stock, meaning it smoothes out.

Complete Satisfaction! I'll never go back to a stock grind again, unless I'm forced to for some odd reason.

Dan
            I am here to help...

Comment

the jwt s2's in the 33 were almost unotticable, except for when I was off a tooth on the belt ;D it was loping BADLY.. stalling out at stoplights and all.

On the vg30, they weren't bad either, you could actually feel them coming in at 3k too.. the vg33, not so much.. probably because it spun the t3 up just off-idle.. if I turned my idle up to 1k, you could hear the turbo turning ;D
              vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
              2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

My custom regrind is pretty aggressive... 270/270/.480 if I remeber correctly. They've got a pretty decent lope in the lower rpm ranges, however, even idling at 600-800 warm it won't stall, and sounds great. I'll try to get a sound clip sometime this week, maybe I can get my hands on a decent mic.
                1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

utjon, what is your exhaust setup? it sounds nice. Ive got a cat back 3" and it sound lame. Im thinking about welding up a 3" DP and removing the cat, but not sure if it will be too loud with the straight though muffler ive got on the back.

Comment

OK85ZX wrote: My custom regrind is pretty aggressive... 270/270/.480 if I remeber correctly. They've got a pretty decent lope in the lower rpm ranges, however, even idling at 600-800 warm it won't stall, and sounds great. I'll try to get a sound clip sometime this week, maybe I can get my hands on a decent mic.
                    No sweat if you don't but keep it in mind bro. You'll surely help many here.

Well, I'm not slandering them in ANY way but JWT's customer service/Tech guys need to find another job. They can't even answer basic question in less then a minute before it becomes obvious they want you off the phone. Maybe they get inundated with bs calls from tire kickers but it's their job!

I'm gonna start my Pathfinder VG30E with JWT #2 cams & Morgans cam gears. Allot of money but still cheaper then paying somone to install said gear.

I'm gonna start my VG33E soon to be VG34ET(that's on the stand) with 270-62H as per the wisdom of Dan and Jasons experience. I'll post info, vidoes and opinions after X-mas. All of said cams will be parkerized for maximum wear. When you drop 500+ clams on two stinkin cams they better not wear out prematurely.

Peace
                    Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

VG36ET wrote: Well, I'm not slandering them in ANY way but JWT's customer service/Tech guys need to find another job. They can't even answer basic question in less then a minute before it becomes obvious they want you off the phone. Maybe they get inundated with bs calls from tire kickers but it's their job!
                      I got that distinct impression as well the last time I called them. I can't really say that I blame them, but that's not good customer service.

I can understand the need to get rid of people simply fishing for information without buying products too; if they wanted you to know everything they do then they would probably publish and sell it.

Comment

Liam86t wrote: utjon, what is your exhaust setup? it sounds nice. Ive got a cat back 3" and it sound lame. Im thinking about welding up a 3" DP and removing the cat, but not sure if it will be too loud with the straight though muffler ive got on the back.
                        no exhaust, no downpipe. =)
                        Daily:
                        09 2.5SL Altima Grey
                        Z31s:
                        88t Grey
                        86t Pewter

Comment

utjon wrote: http://www.untraceable.org/z/whitey/

ps. the cams shook the car at idle... 800rpm that is. I increased idle to 1k warm and no shaking

-Jon
                          Sounds like you have a leak on one of your exhaust ports. Not much lope though. Sounds like stock cams.
                          86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

[quote]StreetFighter wrote:
                            Originally posted by utjon
                            http://www.untraceable.org/z/whitey/

-Jon
                            Sounds like you have a leak on one of your exhaust ports. Not much lope though. Sounds like stock cams.
                            You are 100% correct. There was a broken stud on the pass rear cyl. Yup Actually it sounds like stock cams b/c the idle is high. Check the other video in that directory.
                            Daily:
                            09 2.5SL Altima Grey
                            Z31s:
                            88t Grey
                            86t Pewter

Comment

Working...
                            X