Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VG30E 2 T conversion almost have ALL the parts! Help?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VG30E 2 T conversion almost have ALL the parts! Help?!

So Far I have:
    2 Turbos (Ill explain below), Turbo Manifold, Elbow, 02 Sensor, Downpipe
    Turbo ECU (87 Turbo)
    Turbo Feed and Return Lines
    Turbo OilPan
    Coolant lines to Turbo (just the metal tubes)
    Injectors And Fuel Rail (87 Turbo)
    Both the Alternator Bracket and Tensioner (I have extra Wire for the extended harness)

Im Missing:
    Drivers side engine mount bracket
    Engine Crossmember
    New gaskets

ANYTHING I AM FORGETTING?

Now for the questions:
    If u remember from the other thread, the turbo (the first one i got) was damaged BADLY from me (I bent the compressor fins), and the turbo was BADLY blown ( compressor striked housing and locked up if u move it to the side)

... I Went to the junkyard and found ANOTHER T3 from a Z with 116,000 original miles, the turbo has PERFECT fins, and all. The shaft play is not to bad, it DOES move side to side and when you do move it the shaft does get a LITTLE bit tighter to spin BUT NEVER locks up on me and spins FREE AS BUTTER. Does this need a rebuild? I hope not? Help?
    I took off the elbow to the turbo as well, but managed to snap 3 of the studs off of it, the elbow came off of it and u can still see about an inch of the stud off the turbine, how do I take these out and replace them?
    Thanks!
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
    ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

How about the:
    Downpipe
    Timing belt/ water pump
    Some of Jasons Poly engine mounts

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

the crossmember can be butchered --- all you need is the right side mount from another na cut off and welded on the left.... you can have the engine bracket welded up from some angle plates easily

Comment

what year car did you get the o2 elbow from? be sure that you have the elbow from an 86 or 87T car because the 87T ECU won't work with an 84-85 o2 sensor.

As far as your turbo is concerned, as long as you can't push it in or out, you're fine. It should be able to wiggle a little bit in there because you have to remember that there will be high pressure oil in those bearings when you're actually spooling it.
        Funny stories!

Comment

what year car did you get the o2 elbow from? be sure that you have the elbow from an 86 or 87T car because the 87T ECU won't work with an 84-85 o2 sensor.

Wrong!
          He only needs to be sure that it is an O2 housing off from a '84-'87turbo(T3). There are the thread in adapters for the different O2 sensors avail. at the dealer..cheap and easy solution.
          *Or, if you have skillz...cap that rediculous hole and throw in a new bung in the downpipe.
          8)
          Dan
          I am here to help...

Comment

Dan-TSS wrote: what year car did you get the o2 elbow from? be sure that you have the elbow from an 86 or 87T car because the 87T ECU won't work with an 84-85 o2 sensor.

Wrong!

He only needs to be sure that it is an O2 housing off from a '84-'87turbo(T3). There are the thread in adapters for the different O2 sensors avail. at the dealer..cheap and easy solution.
            *Or, if you have skillz...cap that rediculous hole and throw in a new bung in the downpipe.
            8)
            Dan
            Dan, I'm not sure if you've ever tried to remove a 22-19 year old o2 sensor but more times than not, you end up with half an o2 sensor and an exhaust leak. If you're lucky you'll end up having a good previous owner that changed it as needed but that is not always the case.

Edit: Not saying that you're wrong. Just that it makes your job a whole hell of a lot more difficult.
            Attached Files
            Funny stories!

Comment

the broken studs.. machine shop.. guy charged me 20$ to helicoil the stripped out threads after I used a welder and a nut to get the broken ones out of mine.

Find the old guy at the shop... I had mine back the same day, with three new studs in it.
              vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
              2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

You're also missing the front metal water pipe.
                1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

OK85ZX wrote: You're also missing the front metal water pipe.
                  just got it yesterday haha!
                  1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
                  ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
                  1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Comment

front metal water pipe? what for?
                    Funny stories!

Comment

Because the pipe on an NA is different from a Turbo. The mounting flange on an NA pipe will not clear the Turbo alternator assembly.
                      1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

Working...
                      X