SWAPPING A T25 FOR A T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAPPING A T25 FOR A T3

I going to swap my turbo, 1st time for me. Not sure to just swap it at the 4 bolt flange or remove the left manifold assy?. I don't have a/C compressure and It looks like most all the heat shields are gone, well except the exhust manifold head shields. I can get a wrench on all 4 flange nuts, except for one, looks like I need to remove the oil feed line. So whats the best way to swap? thanks Ed.

edsz31 wrote: I going to swap my turbo, 1st time for me. Not sure to just swap it at the 4 bolt flange or remove the left manifold assy?. I don't have a/C compressure and It looks like most all the heat shields are gone, well except the exhust manifold head shields. I can get a wrench on all 4 flange nuts, except for one, looks like I need to remove the oil feed line. So whats the best way to swap? thanks Ed.
    I personally think its easier to just pull the manifold/turbo assembly all as one.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

I agree with FlawleZ so long as you're VERY careful about the head bolts. I snapped one on the first na2t conversion that I did and it sucked hardcore. I ended up having to remove the motor to drill/heilcoil it.
      Funny stories!

Comment

turbo swap

Thanks. for the advice>

Comment

Yeah, you need to remove the oil line to get to the front pass side bolt. I take them out by remobing those 4 bolts, there is no need to remove the manifold, just jack up the engine a little and you can pull it out of there. Even with my larger aftermarket compressor, I use the same method.

Comment

I find it much easier to just unhook the steering rack and rotate it out of the way when pulling the turbo. I wouldn't recommend trying to pull the manifold.
            Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
            I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
            Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

turbo swap

I swapped it today, did not remove the manifold. Popped the drivers motor mount, raised the motor a little, loosened the rack a bit and presto, T3-T4 hybr Installed. Thanks....

Comment

Thanks for telling me how you did it, i have to swap my turbo. Anyone with a NON F-ed up T3 of some kind want to sell it to a poor college kid? My exhaust side seal is leaking like a siv making it randomly smoke at long idle

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Thanks for telling me how you did it, i have to swap my turbo. Anyone with a NON F-ed up T3 of some kind want to sell it to a poor college kid? My exhaust side seal is leaking like a siv making it randomly smoke at long idle
                  Dude my car does the SAME thing. I need to get my T3/T4 rebuilt already.
                  Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                  tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                  545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

yeah, it was embarrassing when it first did it a couple days ago, right in front of all the peeps at school

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Thanks for telling me how you did it, i have to swap my turbo. Anyone with a NON F-ed up T3 of some kind want to sell it to a poor college kid? My exhaust side seal is leaking like a siv making it randomly smoke at long idle
                      FYI: If you idle it at ~1500rpm that won't happen because the turbine will continue to spin fast enough to keep the oil from drilling out into the exhaust. Sure, you waste more gas... Can you tell I've had well more than one car with worn out turbocharger seals?

Comment

Yeah, that is what i do, all stop lights. I think i made an uh-oh on the conversion...

The oil return hose off the parts car would not go on so I Made another one. But the turbos metal peice came sooooo close to the oil pan that i had to trim it. Well in my investigations the return hose is slightly kinked and i think that caused to much pressure and made the turbo seal blow. I kick my self. Sound sorta logical?? :shock:

Comment

Working...
                        X