Blew headgasket WTF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blew headgasket WTF!

I dont know how i did, but last night for about an hour and today on the way to class i was driving my Z with the new custom driveshaft FINALLY! I started to overheat bad, popped the hood and all the coolant was gone, only steam in the hoses. I made it to a gas station and managed to put some water in it and what water that was left in there that mixed with the new water made it light brown. fuck! i guess the headgasket is blown. Not sure how, i cant even hit boost right now because im having some misfires. I havent really put any miles on this block and its already fucked, and the blow by is worse than 3K miles ago. I dont know what it is but this car, it cant stay together for the life of me, im running 10:1 - 11:1 air fuels under boost and quite conservative timing like 16-18 degrees around 11-12psi and 12 degrees on 18psi. There is no audible detonation heard.....i dunno...i might strip it down and save some of the parts for another project Z in the future and sell some of the shit and crush the car and just drive my slow restored Z (Radares old car) when im done...

light brown is probably just the rust being stirred up.... all the "clean" stuff burned off leaving the suspended particulates

Comment

G-E wrote: light brown is probably just the rust being stirred up.... all the "clean" stuff burned off leaving the suspended particulates
      Easy enough to tell. Check your oil. If you are low...or if there is "milk" in it then yea there's a blown gasket for ya. :lol:
      It's rare but it happens (you wouldnt have happened to reuse an old one did you?) Also, check your plugs for foulness.
      And, is there excessive vapor out of the exhaust? Although you could still have a blown gasket if there isnt...I've experienced that
      first hand.
      http://www.vgpowered.com
      Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

Im convinced you or that car of yours is cursed, there is no other explanation :P

OT but; And the LSD I bought from you is perfectly fine, my buddy has put about 350miles on it and it hasnt made any suspect noises at all
        2005 whore magnet

Comment

SteveZ31 wrote: Im convinced you or that car of yours is cursed, there is no other explanationl
          I'm convinced it's the driver that's the problem: impatient, inattentive, nervous etc....

Comment

I know the symptoms of a head gasket. It smokes a little, which initially seems like coolant but does not smell like coolant at all and its very minimal. This car is just a fucker, nothin ever works, i have constant exhaust pouring into my car while under boost no matter how many times i fix the exhaust, everything breaks and i never have a quality motor longer than a few thousand miles. It needs to be parked once again for a long time. I have driven it like 50 miles int he last 4-5 months.

Oh and steve thats great to hear that! Funny thing is i put in a new LSD and the car is silent back there now so for me it was making noises that i didnt like and was not my wheel bearings....

Comment

oh and very true, im impatient as hell and have a horrible temper. But rarely effects my car in a negative way. I take my time, do it over a long period and when im not even beating on it it breaks...

Comment

roastin300 wrote: oh and very true, im impatient as hell and have a horrible temper. But rarely effects my car in a negative way. I take my time, do it over a long period and when im not even beating on it it breaks...
                I feel you on that one.
                I'm thinking that I'm just going to part the car down... and get another one down the road for all the goodies that I'm keeping.

thinking about buying a TT..
                vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

[quote]grahfz wrote:
                  Originally posted by roastin300
                  oh and very true, im impatient as hell and have a horrible temper. But rarely effects my car in a negative way. I take my time, do it over a long period and when im not even beating on it it breaks...
                  I feel you on that one.
                  I'm thinking that I'm just going to part the car down... and get another one down the road for all the goodies that I'm keeping.

thinking about buying a TT..
                  If you can get beyond the stigma of working on it, I think you would really enjoy a TT. If I had the money I would be driving a Z32 again.

Of course I'd still have my Z31!
                  Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                  tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                  545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

heh, yeah.. well, I'm in Atlanta.. z1 is just down the road.. they can handle all the work.

I just want a car to have fun with again.
                    vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
                    2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

ha i feel you on the cursed z31 mine has been nothing but a headache seems like whenever i fix one thing within 24hrs something worse goes wrong i finally said screw it and stoped messing with it since nothing is majorly wrong to worry about, and still for the life of me cannot seem to get it to stop runing rich its not as bad as when i got it but i can still smell the exhaust when im at a light.

Comment

Working...
                      X