for those of you doing the NA2T swap:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those of you doing the NA2T swap:

this is how you modify your motor mount bracket to fit on the turbo crossmember and mounting spots on the block. I used a hacksaw and wheel grinder to shave away enough material to get the motor mount to clear the turbo oil supply.

just shave away material so that it will clear the oil fitting.

without the motor mount:

with the motor mount:
    Funny stories!

Good information. I would like to add that to the turbo swap page when I make the next set of revisions, if that's ok?

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Good information. I would like to add that to the turbo swap page when I make the next set of revisions, if that's ok?
      I'm working on a turbo swap page myself on Zcarwiki.com however if you want to put it on your site, feel free.
      Funny stories!

Comment

what is that your using for oil feed and oil return??

Or do i not want to know?
        ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

GotFast? wrote: what is that your using for oil feed and oil return??

Or do i not want to know?
          haha you probably don't want to know. But its 200psi high temp air hose. It seems to work fine. Its a little ghetto but hey, it works. You should've seen my old setup... it was basically the same thing only i had a T off of the oil pressure sender and ran that hose all the way around the engine bay. There were so many fittings that there was nothing I could do to make it stop leaking. It got to the point where i was spending more money on oil than i was on gas and i would still have to go around the car all the time tightening fittings up. That's why my engine bay is still caked in oil.
          Funny stories!

Comment

Thats awsome. I like the PCV hose going into the charge pipe.

I'm sure your air hose will hold oil just fine for now, you always have the option to upgrade later if you feel so inclined.
            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote: Thats awsome. I like the PCV hose going into the charge pipe.

I'm sure your air hose will hold oil just fine for now, you always have the option to upgrade later if you feel so inclined.
              lol that hose is gone now. There's a breather filter on the PCV hose and the charge pipe goes to the FICD. I'm going to block both the charge pipe off and stick a BIG piece of chewing gum in the FICD as soon as i get time to remove the throttle body and get to that idle control screw underneath it.

edit: noobs should not take advice from me. I am a trained professional at ghetto rigging and while I've never had a ghetto rig go bad on me, i certainly don't recommend it on a car that isn't mine.
              Funny stories!

Comment

I don't know why i didn't have to do that......

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: I don't know why i didn't have to do that......
                  where are you getting oil to the turbo from? does your motor mount bracket look like mine? what year is your car?
                  Funny stories!

Comment

85na, came off of an 86, same place. It was a tight area, but It somehow works.

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: 85na, came off of an 86, same place. It was a tight area, but It somehow works.
                      do you have any pictures of said motor mount? is it similar/the same as mine?
                      Funny stories!

Comment

Why wouldn't the turbo mount off of the turbo engine work?

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Why wouldn't the turbo mount off of the turbo engine work?
                          the turbo mount is different than the N/A mount and it is designed to clear that bolt. The N/A mount is designed to be put farther back on the block and it doesnt clear the turbo oil feed tube.
                          Funny stories!

Comment

Gee your rocker arms are dirty MrwassmanNA2T LOL j/k :lol:
                            http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

I thought you had to do the turbo cross member?

Comment

Working...
                              X