pics of the new intake manifold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of the new intake manifold!

ok, the donkey dick on the front was needed to clear the hood, which everything does. i (read stinky) welded the upper plenum to the lower, did a little fab work, guessed at some shit and the results are

no dyno yet. butt dyno says the engine revs eaiser. i`ll have dyno info later this week.

i don`t like the way i had to make the pipe to get the tb on, but straight off the manifold would stick up too high

vacuum fittings on the rear of the intake

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
    good thing....

i've been thinking about doing the same thing only different. ops:

how come you made the back portion so small. the larger the plenuim the better low end you are supposed to have. and the longer the runners the better top end.

i was actually trying to design something with a larger plenuim area and then making the runners longer.

the penis is interesting. NSFW warning is probably needed. :wink:

Comment

man... you are all go... no show...
      Funny stories!

Comment

Damn, thats one hell of a tb spacer you've got on there.
        It would be interesting to see a dyno comparison with
        and without it.
        imagination is a virtue

Comment

homestar wrote: man... you are all go... no show...
          Haha..yea, but dont let the bay fool you.
          That car is tits!
          imagination is a virtue

Comment

awwe man, no Q45 TB?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I went with smaller plenum for faster response. My plenum= 100 cubic "
              smaller in the back also. seemed like the right thing to do since all of the intercooler end tanks taper like this. That and i'm sure it helps reduce swirl so airflow is not bias to certain cylinders. Oh and a q45 TB

Seems like that plenum is all right. curious about that long curved elbow after the TB though?

85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

You should make those to sell SATAN, I think that's real cool looking... Is it better for the chamber to be smaller overall?
                http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

I like how you rounded the top piece of the plenum. what did you use to do that?

Comment

300zxt wrote: You should make those to sell SATAN, I think that's real cool looking... Is it better for the chamber to be smaller overall?
                    Depends on what kind of performance you are looking for. smaller chamber equals faster throttle responce. Bigger chamber equals good low end torque. I'm not too worried about the low end torque. I want good flow and good rev.

I cant make them for everyone. its not a direct bolt on part. 1. its welded to the lower intake like autoworkz 2. It requires custom fuel rails. 3. no egr any more. 4. different TB location ect....... I can make them, but demand would be jack shit for the price. I wouldnt make it for less that $550. So maybe worth it for some and not for a LOT of others.

Comment

Yeah that's fair, it looks good though! I went with an MGP plenum but I like seeing all the custom ones people fab up. If only I could weld lol
                      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

SATAN wrote: I like how you rounded the top piece of the plenum. what did you use to do that?
                        He sliced a tube at an angle for that part.
                        imagination is a virtue

Comment

Satan, i think your turbo is a little to small, can you Please do something about its tiny stature 8)

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Satan, i think your turbo is a little to small, can you Please do something about its tiny stature 8)
                            Sorry, its to make up for my EXTREEMLY HUGE PENIS! ops:

Comment

[quote]craZed wrote:
                              Originally posted by SATAN
                              I like how you rounded the top piece of the plenum. what did you use to do that?
                              He sliced a tube at an angle for that part.
                              See thats what I thought at first but the back side of it flattens out and the front is more round. Doesnt look like he beat it flat. Meh, maybe thats what he did.

Comment

Working...
                              X