No announcement yet.

Z31 Electric Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pretty confused too before I picked up the Hayden controller, but once you have instructions and the controller in front of you, it's very straightforward. I also made the mistake of mixing up + and - on my fans, so they were pushing air into the radiator rather than pulling (reverse polarity yo), so look out for that I'd suggest the Cougar fans. They look great, and aren't very loud. Also have warranty!
    " I spend another hour trying to rip the bolt out of the subframe, pausing every five minutes to scream and contemplate how I get myself into these situations. Two cars over, a guy urinates. I watch the steam waft off of the fresh puddle in the gravel. It merges with the blowing snow and is cut by the aerodynamic wedge of a nearby Fiero. Beautiful. Another pry and the carrier finally falls to earth. I walk out of there $80 lighter, which makes me more mad." - Brian Kolar

Comment

i think that is what im going to do. only 98 bucks. that 73 dollar switch tho, yikes. lol oh well i guess once i pick it up and read the instructions i will have a better understanding. then i can leave my tarus fan on the rad i have for upgrading my pathfinder. thanks. if you do have any pics that show detailed wiring that might help me. i noticed the rats nest but didnt help me much to understand lol.

Comment

you can run an E-fan for under $100 with a proper setup

Comment

Originally posted by Rick88ss View Post
          I read somewhere that the Volvo fan is very similar and maybe the same as the Taurus fan .
          I need something that will cover the whole radiator core and be slimmer than the thick Taurus fan. I already have the relays to run the fans. The Mercury Cougar fans look like the best fit for what I need.

The guy from dccontrol.com says that the Cougar fans are low impedence and require a diode or resistor or something to work correctly with the PWM fan controller the he sells. Might be needed for other PWM fan controllers.
          Rick:

Good to see you are still here on the board. Can you let me know which controller from DCControls you are using? Do you have a write up on your exact system? I just ordered your fans and the connectors.

Thanks,

Eric
          2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

This is the fan controller I'm using. I forgot if I also bought the temp sensors there too. I use my Microtech ecu to switch on the low speed and a temp sensor for the high speed. When I turn on my a/c it goes to high speed regardless of temp.

https://www.hollisterroad.com/prodde...prod=TM8BA2000
            Shiro #443

Comment

Oh, you did not use the DC Controls system? Their product looks very nice! Are you happy with the one you are using? I don't think there are configurable digital outputs using my Nistune. I see that you talked with the DC Controls guy, is there are reason you did not chose them? I see the line about the diodes, but that should be easy to sort out, the factory Maxima uses diodes as well.
              2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

After talking with a few guys on the phone, I finally decided on the 125A PCM controller from The AutoCoolGuy. I will keep you posted as to the results.

Radiator fan temperature controllers with PWM. TIPM controllers for Dodge truck's TIPM problem

Comment

I'm just here to say WUSSUP RICKSTAXXX?

you fancy cats and your A/C...

Comment

Rick:

Did you fill in all the round open holes in the factory Ford fan housing? Thanks

Comment

I finally have this installed and it looks nice. I did seal up the holes with a suggestion from somebody on here, thanks for the tip. Fuel rail is leaking now so I can't road test.

Comment

I kept my original shrouds (upper and lower) and mounted a 16 inch fan radially. It's merely triggered to turn on/off at set temperatures, but also comes on after running to aid in cooldown. There's a clutch on the motor which allows it to freewheel when not powered. So far, no issues with cooling.

CIMG5398.jpg
                        Last edited by NewJerseyZ; 12-08-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewJerseyZ View Post
                          I kept my original shrouds (upper and lower) and mounted a 16 inch fan radially. It's merely triggered to turn on/off at set temperatures, but also comes on after running to aid in cooldown. There's a clutch on the motor which allows it to freewheel when not powered. So far, no issues with cooling.

CIMG5398.jpg
                          Old thread yes but how is this working out for you. This is the exact same idea I had wanted to do.
                          Jeff
                          71 240z

80 280zx 10th Anniversary

88 300zx Turbo, 89 300zx Turbo

Datsun Jeff

Comment

• NewJerseyZ
                            NewJerseyZ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This has been working out just fine, and I have my car modified with a larger turbo giving me just over 250 RWHP. It never overheats and is hooked up to a thermostatic switch which comes on if I begin to get a little warm ... usually after a highway run and stopped at a light. I do however have the Euro radiator which is slightly larger than the US model ... but not by all that much.
                        Working...
                        X