Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best services for increasing integrity of a VG33E crank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sonic testing is what is used to determine the cylinder wall thickness and the maximum that can be overbored.

I have never heard that the VG 30 engine lends itself to overboring. In fact, it is my understanding that the opposite is true.

Comment

the crazy japaneseses can spend $10k just looking for the right engine before investing another $30k building it.... I'm pretty sure you can't take them as literally as it sounds

if we judged skylines by nipponese standards everything with an rb25/26 would be running 10's

Comment

I was just reading along and I noticed something i've never really heard alot about.....Cryo treating, Anyone have any info and if anyone does is there anything close to dallas tx.............. :shock:

Comment

A "nissan truck guy" told me a while back that the vg30 crank is actually stronger than the 33.

Who knows, might be worth investigating.

Cryo treating, on the other hand, tends to work better (read: do something) on parts that are made with lower quality metals to begin with.

Comment

Damian_Z31 wrote: I was just reading along and I noticed something i've never really heard alot about.....Cryo treating, Anyone have any info and if anyone does is there anything close to dallas tx.............. :shock:
            http://300below.com/

dont know how close they are to you though
            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
            X