Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More evidence on why E-bay Turbos Suck(like more was needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More evidence on why E-bay Turbos Suck(like more was needed)

Just to reiterate the fact that EBay Turbos are complete garbage, at the place I do some side work a customer brought in his 5.0L Fox body for a big build and yesterday he brought me this Turbo so I could get started on the Manifolds and I said it was garbage and that I would never put it on his car well long story short I had to prove it to him because he is fucking clueless

On these first couple pictures, I inverted the colors to make the problem extremely visible

Now this gasket is not only entirely too thin, but its also about an easy inch too large, as well as split. With a 76mm wheel spinning at 80,000rpm... you can see why that could become a problem pretty quickly.
    Another thing i noticed was on the backplate... its surface is rough and unmachined, as you can see in this next pic...

Just thought I would share
    2005 whore magnet

Damn, that thing looks really crappy. Do you know who the seller was on ebay? Maybe its the same guy Jason used the first time.

Comment

MikeZ wrote: Do you know who the seller was on ebay?
      no idea,
      but this is an XS Power Turbo
      2005 whore magnet

Comment

What... you expect a 9 year old chinese boy to care about the build quality of the turbo he is getting paid 4 cents an hour to make?

Nobody told me better, but I should have known anyway when I bought one years ago. I would seriously question the intelligence of any person who buys one of those turbos already knowing their track record of DOA and catastrophic failures.

Comment

Working...
        X