Slight rattle under boost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JustinCase wrote:
    I'm not thinking something is wrong with my motor, i'm thinking something is wrong with my injectors. They came from a 22 year old AE that had been sitting in someones yard for the past 6 years doing nothing.
    I'm hoping you at least had the sense to get them ultrasonic cleaned and flowtested before installing them?
    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

[quote]JustinCase wrote:
      Originally posted by craZed
      Mabey at higher boost levels and / or with 87oct.
      But, not at stock boost w/ 93oct.
      Something just isnt right with that motor.

Edit-you dont specify wich ecu you are using.
      I will assume the 84t.If so the stock timming should be set at 10*btc.
      That would be the problem
      JustinCase wrote: I'm not thinking something is wrong with my motor, i'm thinking something is wrong with my injectors. They came from a 22 year old AE that had been sitting in someones yard for the past 6 years doing nothing.I was generalizing a mecanical faliure.The injectors are a good bet.

JustinCase wrote:
      Originally posted by craZed
      If 10 is correct for an 84T, then i've been way off for some odd reason. Why in the world would i set it to 20-25 (can't exactly remember)...
      Maybe it says 20 under your hood.
      imagination is a virtue

Comment

JustinCase wrote:
        Yes, i know where the CHTS is. I am not talking about the CHTS. What i am talking about is driver-side near the front half of the lower intake. Not the coolant temp on the passenger side.
        Umm...OK. I am still not sure what the heck you are refering to though based on these 2 posts. I'm not trying to be an ass but unless I am completely misreading this you are not being clear about where you believe these sensors to be located. :?

Last I heard 20 btdc was the going rate. :shock: Someone let me know if I need to revisit this thought...
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: Umm...OK. I am still not sure what the heck you are refering to though based on these 2 posts. I'm not trying to be an ass but unless I am completely misreading this you are not being clear about where you believe these sensors to be located. :?

Last I heard 20 btdc was the going rate. :shock: Someone let me know if I need to revisit this thought...
          I never intended to talk about the CHTS, i don't believe i did. There are two sensors attached to the lower intake plenum, one is for my dash thermostat, and the other i do not know. I never talked about the CHTS. It doesn't matter, don't read into this too much.

Comment

Is it the 212 fan for the electronic condeser fan?
            Attached Files
            It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

Haha Justin,

Can I say "Itodaso".

Glad your evil detonation is gone. Yah and it really sucks to run anything under 20BTDC, the torque goes out the window. Mine is at about 22BTDC, but I have 9:1 so my engine is still strong before boost.

Cheers.
              84' 300ZX Turbo / '86 300ZX NA to Turbo (Retired)

Comment

Working...
              X