X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Urethane kit

has anyone used this.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/ ... /23-4100ZX

my rear sucks bad. my car is wondering all over the road. i think the rear end is just trashed and worn out. it doesn't seem to bad for the price. its more then i want to spend, but i can't find any other kits.

i'm also going to go with a solid differential mount.

opinions options please.

Great kit.

Also keep in mind that the rear poly subframe bushings are not contained in that master kit. You need to buy them separately for like $40 from MSA.

Comment

damn

when they say master kit you would think its all there :roll:

Comment

i think the subframe is my problem. i'm going under the car as soon as get out of class.

Comment

Those and control arm bushings make the rear suspension crappy when they wear out.

Comment

if you're determined to go solid mount for the diff then you need to use solid x-member bushings as well.

If you don't then flex in the x-member bushings will put a lot of stress on the diff mount and could possibly break it.

I have the MSA poly kit with TSS solid x-member and diff mounts and it's freakin sweet.

I wrap my paper weights in glitter.

Comment

i'd like solid mounts for the subframe and top mount on the diff.

the diff mount i can just weld together and plate. i should take all of 10 minutes.

so are there solid subframe bushings?

i'll probably just get the control arm bushings and sway bar bushing.

Comment

Dan at TSS has solid subframe bushings if you need them.
                Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
                I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
                Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

MikeZ wrote: Great kit.

Also keep in mind that the rear poly subframe bushings are not contained in that master kit. You need to buy them separately for like $40 from MSA.
                  BS the ones on the far right are the Xmember bushings right leif? :P ops: :lol: :lol:
                  Funny stories!

Comment

homestar wrote: BS the ones on the far right are the Xmember bushings right leif? :P ops: :lol: :lol:
                    Ummm...NO. That is why its listed seperately.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PSDC06C

I believe what you are looking at is the inner front control arm bushing.
                    Attached Files
                    Just stand back and throw money.
                    Performance costs money.
                    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

84z31-

Unless you plan to do a lot of autocross events then I would stick with the urethane parts available. Solid is just not a good idea for street driven cars in my opinion. Russ' diff mounts should be available soon. ( I will be getting one soon myself...thanks Russ. :wink: )

http://www.redz31.com/parts/developments.html

Also click on "Parts" up at the top as well. I would highly recommend all of the parts listed. I have them all so far. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Polly all the way in my opinion.
                      Performance costs money.

Comment

[quote]homestar wrote:
                        Originally posted by MikeZ
                        Great kit.

BS the ones on the far right are the Xmember bushings right leif? :P ops: :lol: :lol:
                        no, those are for the later style tension rods. the crossmember bushings are NOT in the master kit

Comment

Hes joking about his friend who tried to use the tension rod bushings instead of crossmember bushings...

As he found out it doesnt work to well.
                          ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

GotFast? wrote: Hes joking about his friend who tried to use the tension rod bushings instead of crossmember bushings...

AAHHH..good stuff then. I was worried for a minute there. :shock:
                            Performance costs money.

Comment

GotFast? wrote: Hes joking about his friend who tried to use the tension rod bushings instead of crossmember bushings...

shit, did he put it back together like that? that must have been interesting

Comment

Working...
                              X