Front Bump Steer (Strut) Spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Bump Steer (Strut) Spacers

These will be available from Z31Parts.com in or around Q1 of 2007.

They will be a 1" machined T6 aluminum spacer that will fit between the steering knuckle and strut housing. This will be a kit, and new grade 10 fasteners will be included.

In case you were wondering, the purpose of this part is to correct bump-steer on lowered vehicles. Using spacers to correct the position of the control arm and tension rod offers a reasonable improvement in the bump steer characteristics when a vehicle is lowered 1" or more.

linky no worky :cry:

Comment

I don't think that was meant as a link but rather just underlined text
      http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

sweet, i installed some of those on a mark2 supra, was a breeze and worked well

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

i'm definetly buying these , i have that problem with my tokico's ,whenever i go over a bump/pothole on the street , the wheel likes to jerk , it sucks balls .

my dads porsche had this problem too , i took care of it with some steering rack spacers.

Comment

Sign me up.

1.3 inch lowering InTrax springs.

Me needs these.
            Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
            1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
            2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

THANK YOU!!!!

The ass low front stance has been a point of major concern and deliberation for months on my swap. As always count me as all in. :wink:
              Attached Files
              Just stand back and throw money.
              Performance costs money.
              Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

FreeLanceBum wrote: Sign me up.

1.3 inch lowering InTrax springs.

Me needs these.
                Got a picture with your Intrax springs?
                Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

InTrax springs, and 1 inch adapters on all four corners.

Thought this pic. would help to show what kind of camber the InTrax give. And that's with poly control arm bushings.
                  Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                  1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                  2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

Not to steal any business from you Jason, but I remember reading on HybridZ, that bump steer spacers don't actually cure bump steer, they just fix the roll center:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=103886
                    1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
                    '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
                    "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Comment

FreeLanceBum wrote: Thought this pic. would help to show what kind of camber the InTrax give. And that's with poly control arm bushings.
                      That camber looks much better than some of the ST's I have seen, and looks like the front & back are well leveled. Somehow it doesn't look like an 1.5 inch drop......

How is the handling, and what shocks/struts do you couple with?
                      Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

I love the handling, aside from the jerks in the steering when hitting bumps.
                        Tokico HP's, InTrax springs, all poly(except the rear spring seats), and new rubber for everything I can't get poly.

Awesome for spirited street driving. Solid as a rock flying around sharp turns.
                        Scared the shat out of a lot of my friends when taking turns, Hehehe.
                        Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
                        1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
                        2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

yeah, these are more RCAs than bump steer spacers, but still very much needed

Comment

280Z Turbo wrote: Not to steal any business from you Jason, but I remember reading on HybridZ, that bump steer spacers don't actually cure bump steer, they just fix the roll center:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=103886

Yes, they treat the symptoms but don't 'fix' the issue. There is no other
                            way, aside for redesigning the front suspension, to get it to operate with good geometry when lowered... "Using spacers to correct the position of the control arm and tension rod offers a reasonable improvement in the bump steer characteristics". IMO there is not a more cost-effective way of doing it.

Comment

From the thread at hybrid z.Reads that every z has a different bumpsteer.

So does that mean your going to affor spacers with different thicknesses jason?
                              1986 Current build
                              HX35/40 60mm wheel,480cc injectors,nistune, spearco 2-221,6 puck,walbro fp,solid cross and diff,jason motor mounts,poly everywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X