Tires!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires!!

ok well i have a set of 86T rims that i would like to have a set of tires for!
    i kinda looked around today and one shop is trying to sell me some BFG G-Force Sport tires, Z rated!
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... orce+Sport
    i looked at them online and they dont look really cool! so im asking what tires are you guys running,and what size and what would you reccomend tire wise for high speeds (above 250km) and say drag racing! something that is streetable!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

yoko, toyo, kumho, fuzion....

just search for everything in the size you want and read the reviews

Comment

I have a brand new set of Pole Position S-03's. Size is the correct 225/50/16. I purchased them a while back with the intention of installing them but my new Z has really good G-force KDW's which are brand new. PM me your email and I'll zap over some detailed pictures. Do some reasearch on them and you'll find that they are one of the highest rates street tires ever!

Comment

I have those tires you speak of...... I like them.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Michelin and BFG are the best IMO. Either the pro-pilots or the g-force kdw-s. BTW there is a reason they are called "g-force". They hold some kind of side-side g-force record. I would look it up bu ti am being lazy right now.
          KILL HADJI

Comment

I like Sumitomo..

Second biggest Japanise tyre maker.. (Bridgestone is bigger)
            Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
            Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
            http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

The fuzion zri is the best tire for the money. Great traction, long wear, and cheap. For more money, I like bridgestone and michelin.
              Chuck Stong
              300+ Parts and Performance owner
              http://www.300-plus.com
              2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Firehawk wrote: The fuzion zri is the best tire for the money. Great traction, long wear, and cheap. For more money, I like bridgestone and michelin.
                Those are fairly well rated, I have never tried them though.

IMHO the best tire for the money is the Kumho Ecsta MX, at least among the tires I have used.

WHile it's only slightly less grippy than tires two times its price, it performs well in all conditions, rides well, and wears suprisingly long. I have gotten almost 2x the life out of my MX's as I did from Yoko ES100's with the same kind of driving habits.

Comment

Firehawk wrote: The fuzion zri is the best tire for the money. Great traction, long wear, and cheap. For more money, I like bridgestone and michelin.
                  I have heard a lot of complaints about Fuzion being noisey, but rated well in other aspects.
                  Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

For some reason i always thought of fuzion as a cheasy tire company. Guess I should stop thinking :wink:

Homie has a the kumho SPT's. They have seen 4 all day track days and 17 yr old thrasher and they are still going. I find these amazing

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
                      Originally posted by Firehawk
                      The fuzion zri is the best tire for the money. Great traction, long wear, and cheap. For more money, I like bridgestone and michelin.
                      Those are fairly well rated, I have never tried them though.

IMHO the best tire for the money is the Kumho Ecsta MX, at least among the tires I have used.

WHile it's only slightly less grippy than tires two times its price, it performs well in all conditions, rides well, and wears suprisingly long. I have gotten almost 2x the life out of my MX's as I did from Yoko ES100's with the same kind of driving habits.
                      Yeah, I was not impressed with my ES100's. I might try the MX's.
                      Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
                      1986 300zx Turbo
                      2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
                      1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

Fuzion is a bridgestone tire brand. They are not noisy, and I have had three sets of them. They are have at least 90% of the traction of a brdgstone s-03, which is an awesome tire. I would average around 35k miles a set, which is great for how I drive. I think they grip better than the khumo, too.
                        Chuck Stong
                        300+ Parts and Performance owner
                        http://www.300-plus.com
                        2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

i put some kuhmos on my Z.. i have close to 6000 miles on them already. they are wearing great. once they get broken in they are awesome. theres a little roundabout in town i like to take with my Z. i can go through it at about 35. the tires stick very good. and for a whole set i payed $250.

Comment

From my experiance with tires..

I'm currently running a set of Hankook Ventus RS-2's and they are F'ing amazing. They were relativly cheap, grip very well, and are very predictable when you want to screw around. :wink:

Past tires tried-
                            Goodyear Eagle F1: Great but way to expensive (the hankooks are just as good if not better at 1/2 the price)
                            Yokohama ES100: Junk (To much sidewall flex. Actually developed a bubble in my driver side front tire's side wall. Great for burnouts/smoke shows)

Those are the only "performance" tires I've used so far. The rest have been average all-season radials. With the way I drive, beating on the car. I see about 1-2 years out of a tire. (if I'm lucky) :roll:

Comment

i am currently running for auto-x only

Khumo Victoracer V700

very expensive tire
                              but FUCK do they stick

They wear relatively quickly, but if you are into performance driving their awesome.

ps ( i swap tires for street use)

Comment

Working...
                              X