jason`s poly trans mount, opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jason`s poly trans mount, opinions

Well we all know that my z makes some pretty good power as z31`s go, so that being said, through numerous 5k clutch dumps at a sticky ass track on sunday and i didn`t notice any problems with the mount. a visual inspection will follow when i`m able to get off the couch (and vicaden) to get the car to the shop and on the lift. check out my post in the lounge for why i am medicated.

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
    good thing....

I'm very glad you are pleased with the transmission isolator. The feedback from the prototype testing has been overwhelmingly positive and I will be officially releasing them for sale when the large batch order arrives sometime this week. I've made a couple small revisions so they should be even easier to install.

FYI: I am also picking up the differential mount design where Gary Molitor left off. Depending on the cost, I hope to have those through prototyping and available by this fall/winter. The complexity of this part is stunning; it has to withstand very substantial shear forces in all directions, yet still maintain a reasonable level of damping potential. I can hope the unit cost stays below $200. That all may be a pipe dream, but I have no intention of releasing a substandard product or rushing the product development cycle that has worked so well for me so far.

Comment

Jason,
      I made a diff mount for less than $50.00 in parts using a 4x4 aluminum angle, a peice of 1/4" plate and the Poly trans mount from Prothane for a Mustang.
      I have been autocrossing it for two seasons and it is holding up great.
      I'll ship some pictures to you later this week.
      I guess if Gary gave up on his I'll have to make another for my other car.
      ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

I'd love to see it. If it something I can copy that would be great!

Comment

I can see what he did

Comment

Looks like we have 3 capable people of making the poly diff mount. If Gary is no longer doing this, please coordinate and decide on who is going to make it. I need one soon!

Comment

yeah i would love to ditch the tss solid mounts in the rear for poly, if only to cut down on all the noise!

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
              good thing....

Comment

G-E wrote:

I can see what he did
                I can picture only needing some angle iron to secure it well. It's a wonder how cheap those mass-produced parts can be. I'm going to give that a shot.

Comment

MikeZ I'm waiting on some urethane to show up soon *ehem*

other than that I have my subframe off the car ready for a new diff mount myself, I will make extras of the isolator section pieces so I could sell you a partial kit or if you want to wait a bit longer a full kit.... what I mean by partial is you'd have to take care of the screws and the angle aluminum that will attach to the body

also my design will allow the individual to decide on firmness, and even stiffen it up if it starts to wear or become loose

my initial run will be 3 sets.... you early adopters can go nuts and we can go from there

Comment

I have taken some pictures of the differential mount. Since I can't figure out how to post them I will send them to Jason and he can do that.
                    On mine I mounted the prothane tranny mount to a 1/4" plate on the holes used to mount the oem piece. Then found that if I drilled holes through the floor to mount the poly piece that there was a hole that allowed me to use a bolt in the hatch area. Next time I will use a steel plate and try welding the poly piece to it and then mounting it on the original bolts.
                    ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

GE, this is Mike84T. I think I was one of the first people to buy a full set of your bumper brackets. Anyway, I'll take a full kit whenever its ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X