Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone plz tell me where these bushings go???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone plz tell me where these bushings go???

Here's a picture;

If anyone can tell me where they go (picture aids would be awesome too) that'd be great. On the package they say that they're for the struts, but I can't find a site where the owner has installed them (I checked Jason's and Tom Beauchamp's sites). Thanks guys!
    89' 300zx turbo AKA Smokin' Woody:

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Awaiting install; A/F ratio gauge, Lo-Tek 3 gauge Pod, Walbro 255lph, T3

Sorry about that, Umm they say "strut rod" on the bushing, and they are no directions that come with them... I was just trying to see if anyone's installed these before and has visuals of the installation.

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Comment

They look like the 84 -87 tension rod bushings.
      The kit come with two styles for the tension rods.
      84-87 and 88-89.
      imagination is a virtue

Comment

Ahhh that makes sense.... okay, thanks for the help!

Comment

craZed wrote: They look like the 84 -87 tension rod bushings.
          The kit come with two styles for the tension rods.
          84-87 and 88-89.
          xxrocker5150
          You could confim craZed's thoughts by perhaps removing one tension rod and having a measure up to see if its going to fit there correctly or not.
          85 Turbo Slick Top
          __________________________________________________ _____

Comment

Read his Sig. It says he has an 89, which has a different style tension rod.
            Drive

1975 Datsun 280Z
            1988 300ZX (NAtoT soon)
            2006 Kawasaki ZX6R

Comment

yeap I do have an 89 which means 87-89 style tension rods (I think there's even pictures of the difference on Jason's poly bushing install [IDK how I missed it, but I did])....

Comment

did they switch in 4/87 or strictly in 88 models??

Comment

xXxRocker5150 wrote: did they switch in 4/87 or strictly in 88 models??
                  Only 88 models and up. A simple way to think of it... if it has a T25 it has the 88-89 or Z32-style tension rods.

Comment

xXxRocker5150 wrote: Sorry about that, Umm they say "strut rod" on the bushing, and they are no directions that come with them... I was just trying to see if anyone's installed these before and has visuals of the installation.
                    Stut rod/tension rod = same thing

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                    X