Strut TUbe question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strut TUbe question!

i found a set of strut tubes from an 86 Turbo and was wondering if these would work on my 87NA! i would like these strut tubes so i could use the tokico Illuminas!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

you don't want the turbo strut tubes if you want to run tokicos. the tube is too large on the adjustable suspension shocks.

you need the tube from your NA to use tokicos. tokico makes an insert to make the shocks work in a turbo strut tube. but i'm not sure if they are even made anymore.

Comment

I'm sure if they dont bolt right on that you could make them work VERY easily. If you are capable of pulling the strut tube than I would think you could to slight modification to make them work. IF they even need to be modded. You can pull the 87 brakes and put them on the 85 so I'll bet the stuff is pretty interchangable.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

you're assuming he's correct.... but he's not... cuurently illuminas are only made to fit in the turbo tubes

Comment

84z31 wrote: you don't want the turbo strut tubes if you want to run tokicos. the tube is too large on the adjustable suspension shocks.

you need the tube from your NA to use tokicos. tokico makes an insert to make the shocks work in a turbo strut tube. but i'm not sure if they are even made anymore.
          completly wrong. they are only make the for turbos now... why do you feel the need to respond to every post even when you have no idea whats going on?

onefast87, those strut tubes will work fine for you. you will also gain a little bit of negative camber up front due to a change of the angle between the spindle and strut tube. also keep in mind wheel fitment... stock wheels will be fine, but if you have/are buying aftermarket wheels, there will be less clearance between the strut housing and wheel.

Comment

[quote]Chris86NA2T wrote:
            Originally posted by 84z31
            you don't want the turbo strut tubes if you want to run tokicos. the tube is too large on the adjustable suspension shocks.

completly wrong. they are only make the for turbos now... why do you feel the need to respond to every post even when you have no idea whats going on?
            I'm so glad I didn't buy Tokico's from 84z31's website although they were 25% off. He was dodging my email questions about Tokico's, then 5 days later he gave me a halfass answer and never heard from again.
            Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

This is why you need to stick to the minority.

What is that?

:lol:
              I am here to help...

Comment

soo, sorry. i guess i couldn't read the chart right :cry:

anyway when you wrote to me simply86T you were stating there was some adapter you need. i tried calling tokico, they had no idea what you were talking about. i could not figure out what you were talking about since i had never heard anyone sticking a shim in the turbo strut housing.

http://www.tokicogasshocks.com/app/19a.html

buy from who ever you want. its a free market. build your own website and sell stuff. you can do the footwork too. i'm just trying to offer stuff that isn't offered by others.

i admire Dan's approach to making stuff. but i'm not going to waste money on parts that there in no market for. most Z owners replace stuff. there is a minority that actually digs deep, researches and builds the Z. i tried offering a chevy alternator conversion bracket. but only 5 people were really interested. Or-Zman bought one. about 20 others "window shopped". it was nothing fancy. i even gave the plans out. i'd rather just build stuff and show others how to do it. i don't want to make parts and sell them because that would take the fun out of what i like to do.

my website is a side thing for me. i'm working, going to school 14 credit hours, studying calc and physics all the time i don't spend with my 2 kids and family.

as you can see on my website i'm not out to make a bunch of money. i'm just trying to get quality parts for a decent price to the majority of Z owners. you can always buy the same parts from someone else for a higher price.

if you'd like to offer advise to others your more then welcome. and if i'm responding to other peoples questions, who cares?? atleast i'm trying to help. i've been working on cars and trucks for many years. i'm adding tech that no else has added on here before. i have done many things to vehicles over the years. from engine swaps to complete suspension changing. if i don't know how to do something i learn. i don't send something out to be built. i build it.

Comment

I was told there was no market for bumper brackets, so I asked on z31.com a couple times, and besides a few "I want anodized" there were far less responses than what I actually sold.... I'm not saying this is indicative of the "market" just that you can't always tell what will be a hit

I had 24 pairs cut and I sold 14 ... so yes I still have stock but I can do the rest next spring/summer and probably blow the lot out

the diff mounts on the other hand, I sold 4 solid.... and of the poly isolated ones I got one out the door... but I only made 3 of those and one was for me so I didn't get killed

looks like my steering knuckles are back on track.... so I should have some in a month, do I expect huge sales? not during a winter snowstorm, but a few southern bums and maybe auslanders will bite....

Comment

i have lots and lots of window shoppers. i spend hours researching parts for them, then they never want to buy them. a guy on another board wanted to know all the different prices for shocks on his 260ZX. i spent about 4 hours looking for shocks for the car and giving him the specs and prices, but no parts numbers. emailed him a few times, never did write me back.

i'm thinking about just selling turbo parts. i have had a lot more selection from distributors now. so, i'm going to go that route. i'm not worried. this isn't my carrer. i never planned on it being one. just some extra money for my Z. isn't that why everyone starts a business? because they like their hobby and want to finance it?

Comment

84z31 wrote: anyway when you wrote to me simply86T you were stating there was some adapter you need. i tried calling tokico, they had no idea what you were talking about. i could not figure out what you were talking about since i had never heard anyone sticking a shim in the turbo strut housing.

I sent you this link and asked a simple question, do you know you have the new or old Tokico stock?

http://z31.com/board/read.php?id=232455&srf=nyet

You didn't get back to me for days, then you reply this:

84z31's email wrote:
                      they are the same they have always sold. they have not made any new version to fit the turbo strut tubes. you will have to get some nonturbo strut tubes.
                      thanks
                      I know you are also trying to help the community, so I shouldn't give you anymore hardtime. But my friend, that wasn't too professional......
                      Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

[quote]simply86T wrote:
                        anyway when you wrote to me simply86T you were stating there was some adapter you need. i tried calling tokico, they had no idea what you were talking about. i could not figure out what you were talking about since i had never heard anyone sticking a shim in the turbo strut housing.

I sent you this link and asked a simple question, do you know you have the new or old Tokico stock?

http://z31.com/board/read.php?id=232455&srf=nyet

You didn't get back to me for days, then you reply this:

84z31's email wrote:
                        they are the same they have always sold. they have not made any new version to fit the turbo strut tubes. you will have to get some nonturbo strut tubes.
                        thanks
                        the guy is totally lost, dont even bother trying to figure him out, he just posts for the sake of posting. it sounds to me like he is confusing KYBs and tokicos.. the KYBs had some kind of adapter for the rear that you had to buy if you had a turbo car i believe. i forget exactly how it worked, but go by what i said above regarding the illuminas and turbo strut tubes. that information i know to be correct because i have actually done it myself, im not just regurgitating what i hear, like some of the frequent posters on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                        X