Will Z32 non turbo still calipers still work for swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Z32 non turbo still calipers still work for swap

There is a Z32 in the junkyard by my house with new brakes all around. It is a non turbo though would I still be able to use the calipers etc. for the z32 brake swap or do they have to be from a twin turbo? Sorry if this is a repost./.

Think so, they will just be heavy. (iron)

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Just make sure you get the correct rotor.

Look here for info on the different calipers: http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm

Comment

That is pretty informative

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

mm thanks alot !

Comment

The NA calipers are aluminum which is pretty good so now I have my second question. The car im going to swap them onto is a 84 non turbo so what else do I need? Do i need to swap out the strut tubes and spindles for the 88 turbo ones? Or will the 88 hubs and rotors go right onto the 84 spindle?

Comment

The 88 hubs and rotors will go right on the 84 spindle. You will most likley have to do the dust shields things too.
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Yeah, the stone shields are different. I don't even run those actually (not the big part, I do run the little shield right aroud the hub), but I rarely drive on gravel anymore. Some people think they actually aid cooling, but based on their design I dont see them helping aiflow out too much.

Comment

not to hijack but how would one go about fitting z32 front caliaprs/rotors to 84 hubs without swapping to 88 hubs ?
                  85 Turbo Slick Top
                  __________________________________________________ _____

Comment

james wrote: not to hijack but how would one go about fitting z32 front caliaprs/rotors to 84 hubs without swapping to 88 hubs ?
                    Simple answer: You don't.

You could put the calipers on, but the pads won't at all line up properly with the smaller rotor... and short of custom made rotors I dont see any other way to do it.

Comment

I believe the calipers are the same on both the NA and TT Z32. They were aluminum in 1990 but 1991+ have iron calipers.
                      " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
                      LaterZ

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
                        Originally posted by james
                        not to hijack but how would one go about fitting z32 front caliaprs/rotors to 84 hubs without swapping to 88 hubs ?
                        Simple answer: You don't.

You could put the calipers on, but the pads won't at all line up properly with the smaller rotor... and short of custom made rotors I dont see any other way to do it.
                        custom made rotorsperhaps something oddball might fit this is not looking good.A custom made hub in the same style as an 88 hub would be the ticket i think.

Does anybody have pictures comparing 84-85 hubs to 87-88 hubs with the hubs on their own with no rotors installed.
                        85 Turbo Slick Top
                        __________________________________________________ _____

Comment

Working...
                        X