Looks like it is time for new tires!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like it is time for new tires!

Well these Yokohama ES100's lasted about 7500miles. I did NO burnouts and NO donuts. I spun the tires when drag racing about 10 times, never smoked them at all. Pure Crap!

But the good thing about this was the tire wear from the negative camber. It was barely noticable as you can see in the pics. I have ST springs, tokico illuminas and TSS solid x-member bushings. I still have stock 200k rubber bushings.

I have had four sets of tires on the rear of this car and these were the best evenly wearing tires. My old setup was Eibachs and illuminas with stock x-member bushings. This setup would eat tires like crazy. I would have the belts showing in the inner part of the tire and there would be 60% tread left on the outside of the tire!

Dan: Your solid x-member bushings are awesome. They definately help with camber/squat and tire wear. If you don't have a set you need to BUY THEM NOW!

AND LASTLY: What tires do you recommend people?

Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
    1986 300zx Turbo
    2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
    1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Yea thats worn pretty evenly :lol: Try out some falken azenis rt615 if your serious about tire performance and dont care about wear too much

Comment

Get some Michelin or BF Goodrich. Second to none! The extra money is worth it. I work for michelin and used to be in the quality section. You wouldn't how tight the tolerances are on them. Uniroyals are also good if you are short on money. All three are made buy the same machines.

I prefer the Propilots or the g-force kdw-s.
      KILL HADJI

Comment

Z31SPL wrote: Yea thats worn pretty evenly :lol: Try out some falken azenis rt615 if your serious about tire performance and dont care about wear too much
        Those are the tires I'm using on my current setup. Currently I've got Illuminas (set at 4 in the rear), poly bushing kit, poly spring seats, and tss springs. They grip like crazy though, (it was wierd, because the night I brought it back it was a lil' wet and they had nice grip). Don't know if it matters btw, but I did experience some wheel hop in a straight line, gunning it down a moist road. Good Luck.
        89' 300zx turbo AKA Smokin' Woody:

MGP Plenum, E-Fan, EBC (9.5 PSI), CM Downpipe, MSA turbo back exhaust, Poly Bushing Kit, TSS springs, Illuminas all around, 9" K&N Filter, Mustang Cobra rims with Falken 615's, Devil's Own Water/Methanol Injection kit, TurboXS-H BOV, Hurst Pistol Grip shifter.

Awaiting install; A/F ratio gauge, Lo-Tek 3 gauge Pod, Walbro 255lph, T3

Comment

Run Some lower pressure to maybe...

BFGoodrich G-Force sports, Cheap and Wearing evenly

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

whats the wear rate on thoes yokos?

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Run Some lower pressure toO maybe...
            agreed, only a slight drop though looks like a hint of high PSI's from the moreso central wear

although their new, and not all that heard of..
            Federal 595's had them on my old 18" rims 225/45 88w/r wheel combo and loved how sticky they were and very nice wear pattern i put about 15,000mi. on them before selling them with the old rims with plenty of tread left after much abuse

225 is on the small side in my book, ill be looking for some 245 fronts and 255 rears soon enough after i sell these 245/45 98w/r Riken POSs :evil:

Comment

[quote]88sinZ wrote: whats the wear rate on thoes yokos?

Originally posted by MrwassmanNA2T
              Run Some lower pressure toO maybe...

agreed, only a slight drop though looks like a hint of high PSI's from the moreso central wear

although their new, and not all that heard of..
              Federal 595's had them on my old 18" rims 225/45 88w/r wheel combo and loved how sticky they were and very nice wear pattern i put about 15,000mi. on them before selling them with the old rims with plenty of tread left after much abuse

225 is on the small side in my book, ill be looking for some 245 fronts and 255 rears soon enough after i sell these 245/45 98w/r Riken POSs :evil:
              Wear rate is 280AA. PSI is 30. I am about to order some good tires tomorrow.
              Attached Files
              1986 300zx Turbo

Comment

I have a feeling it was a combination of too much tire pressure, and too much toe in

Comment

I ordered some BFG's G-force Sports for $77 at tirerack. I am a little broke so I could not get the KDW's or the Pilots My first pair of BFG's though. I hope they work out.
                  1986 300zx Turbo

Comment

If you mail me a copy of the reciept i can get you a 20% rebate on them. It is just one of the benifits of me working for michelin(they also make BFGs and uniroyals). I have 2 tires left for this year and I lose them new years day. The rabate is actually 30%, but hey, nothing is free. PM me if you are interested.
                    KILL HADJI

Comment

7500 for es100's is actually a reasonable amount of milage. I wore a set out in one summer, which was about 5800 miles of driving as I remember.

I would recommend Kumho Ecsta MX from my experience based on the cheapness and durability. I have about 12K on mine now and they are just nearing the wear bars in the back from all the wheelspin, fronts are still at about 50% tread depth. Considering the number of heat cycles you get out of them (a lot) and the good grip in all conditions, I consider them a very good tire.

Comment

i'm having very good luck with the falken azenis 615's on my 350z. i plan on putting a set on the 300 as soon as winters over.

boost. does a body good!

Comment

I bought Some Falken FK-452. I saw very good review on the InterWEB. You could try them..

This post give me the chance to post them .. lol

The wheels are Cobra R 17x9 24 offset
                          235 40 17 front
                          265 40 17 rear
                          treadwear is 300
                          bought them from tiretrend in canada.
                          Fairlady Z 1990 2+2 Twinturbo

Comment

Alex86na2t wrote: I prefer the Propilots or the g-force kdw-s.
                            I've cut some of my best street tire 60' times with the kdws's. Awesome tire.
                            2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

F3600 wrote: I bought Some Falken FK-452. I saw very good review on the InterWEB. You could try them..

This post give me the chance to post them .. lol

The wheels are Cobra R 17x9 24 offset
                              235 40 17 front
                              265 40 17 rear
                              treadwear is 300
                              bought them from tiretrend in canada.
                              Should have got the rears at 275 width pansy :P

1986 300zx Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X